IGNORED

Elf Pegs - Installation Procedures

Turbosneeze

I just bought a set of used Elf Pegs for my 04 Dual Spark RT, but it didn't come with instructions. It appears to be simple but I am not exactly sure if there is an easier way to install it without scratching up the valve covers. If anyone has one handy or remembers the installation details, it'd be much appreciated. I'd like to install them tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance.

the used set i got for my 04 rt were called "sparky" pegs. you remove the cover for the spark plug from the valve cover. unplug the control wire from the coil over.unclip the control/wire plug keeper from the wire(peg wont fit over that plastic clip) also be careful not to pinch the wire when installing the pegs. reconnect control wire to coil. select correct peg for that side(when open, the top of the peg has a machine cut tread)place peg into valve cover in place of the plastic spark plug /ignition coil cover.slide the mounting bracket from the rear of the slot in the valve cover up to the peg .the "mounting bracket"will hold the pegs in place when the screws are tightened by clamping onto the tabs that hold the original plastic cover in place.be sure to apply a little loctite on the threads or they will vibrate loose.when i tightened mine I did a criss cross pattern on the screws not turning too much each time to allow the parts to come together slowly.they got real close but didnot fully seat together as they clamped onto the "tabs". be sure and check for tightness periodically. it states not to flip the pegs open while riding but i can catch the rear of the peg with my boot pretty easily to open it while riding .be sure and keep the pivot and detent keeper cleaned and lubricated.if yours are the same brand as mine that should be all you need to install them.hope that helps. Dave

Thanks Dave. Reading and sending this from an Internet Cafe right now. Will try it when I get home later. Will keep u posted. Thanks again.

All installed and tested in out on the highway clap.gif They are a little bit high and close... even with my 32 inch inseam, but it'll be a good to change feet location on long trips. It installed as I figured they would, but the problem I had was with the spark-plug removal plastic tool that came in the tool box. It wouldn't grab and will just come off. I eventually had to stick a large flat head in inbetween and wiggle it off loose. Wasn't a problem... just wasn't able to do with BMW's supplied tool. Thanks again Dave thumbsup.gif

Archived