IGNORED

Side stand

bob1954

Maybe a dumb question?

Someone to me " you cant let your rt on the side stand to long because the oil go in the left cylinder ....etc.

told you dumb question smile.gif

Maybe a dumb question?

Someone to me " you cant let your rt on the side stand to long because the oil go in the left cylinder ....etc.

told you dumb question smile.gif

I'd agree that someone yanked your chain a little. You are going to hear all types of different things. Did you hear the one about the meteorite yet?

The older K bikes had oil problem like that. Evidently oil would seep through the valve guides if the bike was on the side stand.

Of course, I'm only speaking from personal experience with an '89 K100LT.

Jan in service at Morton's BMW told me the same thing when I brought my R1200GS in...

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what I did with this little tidbit. smile.gif

Just to make you feel better, that song dates back to the early air head days when some would indeed accumulate a bit oil past the rings in one side if it sat leaned for a long period of time. Would cause a bit of a puff of blue smoke on start up.

The subject has long since been addressed and hasn't been a issue on boxers for decades.

Your "someone to me" needs to move their thinking forward a couple of generations.

Jan in service at Morton's BMW told me the same thing when I brought my R1200GS in...

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what I did with this little tidbit. smile.gif

I used to call my old K100rs "Mr. Two Stroke". I miss that old bike.

ok sorry the dumb was me not the question. I guess those friend are still laughing at me dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Dont worry - nobody here is laughing at you smirk.gif

This true, in almost all cases this seems to be a group with good intentions, good humor, and they enjoy motorcycling. There are some of the others, but they are rare and the good guys tend to subdue and over-ride them.

I can confirm on my R1150RT that every time I have put in on the side stand the gas has predominately run to the left side of the tank. lmao.gif

I can confirm on my R1150RT that every time I have put in on the side stand the gas has predominately run to the left side of the tank.

I never realized why me left cylinder run a little richer after start up. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Thank all

you are right Sixcylinder, those guy are from a Kawa Concours owner group in France (gtr in Europe)And they are very friendly and love riding. It is probably " old stuf ".

Very funny the Gaz in your tank smile.gif

I bougth the byke to replace my old Concours but >I dont have it yet

Bob

Exactely, a R1150RT 2005 SE black, 4900 km , almost new.

Come with a garanty until may 2008. I will retire next spring and will have plenty of time to ride smile.gif.

It is not the R1200Rt but I will be very happy with this one

I just sold my 96 Concours, I had a Yamaha 650 in 1978 and a 1983 GL 1100 in 1990 sold in 95.

Archived