IGNORED

R1100RT Windshields

Helga

I would like a taller windshield for my bike and am looking at the Cee Baily that is much taller and wider. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

I have tried 3 different shields on my RT and prefer the CB #2. It has produced the best pocket of quiet air when needed of any. I like to look over the top, not through my windshield so I have the short version (16.5"). If you look through your shield you may find the distortion that the 'flip' at the top causes to be a distraction. The Euro cut makes it easy to look over the top edge.

Tint or no tint is a personal choice, I like the light smoke myself.

I have a parabellum because it was much cheaper. Bought it from the factory on ebay for "half-price". Don't remember the exact price, but it was way less than C. I bought the 4 inch taller version. I am very pleased and, at 6'2" I can look over the top all the time. It really took the buffeting and rain away for me. The only thing I don't like is that when its all the way down, the wind hits just about low throat level. With the stock regular shield in the summer, when I lowered it in town, I got air in the chest. Liked that better, but do enough long range rideing that I didn't want to swap for the summer.

I have the Aeroflow on mine and i think it`s brilliant thumbsup.gif Now you have asked the question i bet you are no wiser now as everyone of us is happy with what they bought,In my case i bought mine from Ebay for £50 and it was the best £50 i`ve spent in years clap.gif

Regards Del(from across the pond)

I bought an '02 R1150RT in Utah on the last weekend in October and rode it back to Victoria BC in two days in below freezing weather. It came with the stock windshield which, for my 6'3" frame provided very little protection. When I got over the mountains I dropped into Southsound BMW near Seattle and picked up a +7" Cee Bailey for a reasonable price and free installation. The difference was phenomenal. Despite having already put in 12 hours on the bike I rode another two that evening just to reach the ferry terminal and make an even 1000km for the day. I was perfectly protected and could even ride with my visor up for the first time in two days. It was my first and probably best new addition to a great bike.

Had both the Cee Bailey 2-1/2" #2 and the Parrebellum 4". I preferred the Parrabellum for protection and the Cee Bailey looked better. If I had to choose, I would buy another Parrabellum wave.gif

Archived