IGNORED

RT Snow Job

s3steve

Well my new RT is no longer a snow virgin! It's been 20 years since I've ridden in the snow and was in Toronto with nice warm pavement to melt the stuff. Not so yesterday, I was 7 Kms. from home and it started wet but within a few 100 yards it was sticking to the ground. By the time I got close to my subdivision there was 1/2" on the road and it was starting to freeze! Have you ever tried to turn a motorcycle without leaning the thing? It was very nerve racking to say the least! but I made it home with no problems. clap.gif

The one thing I did notice was the display would jump back and forth between the Kms. to empty and the temp/snowflake all on it's own and the temp/snowflake wasn't flashing?

The temp was + 4.0 c when I left work and dropped down to + 0.5 c when I got close to home. Normally the flashing temp/snowflake comes on a +2.5 c. I was just kind of surprized to see it jump between the Kms. to go and the temp reading.

I might get a few more rides in before they start putting the sand and salt down.... I hope!

You Northerners might get a kick out of this. This morning the radio weather announcer said, "It's going to be cold today with a high of only 74F".

I've been down here for 14 years and still can't get used to their idea of cold, I'm originally from Cleveland, OH.

No chains yet, we are suppose have higher temps this coming week, up into the double digits 10-13 C. That's balmy on the RT. I actully like riding in 50 F, the bike runs great and I'm not sweating my a$$ off.

I don't know how you southerner's handle the heat all the time. Mind you 74 F would be mighty nice right now! I was in the Orlando area in July a few years ago and I didn't see any bikes on the road, we stopped in at a couple of bike shops and I asked "Why don't I see any bikes on the road? The dealer said most guys drive there air condition cars in the summer! Mind you I did see a few at night when the temps drop down a bit.

Simon the bike shows will depress us... the '07 RT and no servos UGG! dopeslap.gif

Anyways better "up north" then in Bufflo! crazy.gif

You Northerners might get a kick out of this. This morning the radio weather announcer said, "It's going to be cold today with a high of only 74F".

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Brrrr... better put something warm on!

I'm officially in storage as of Wednesday night. Bring on the bike shows... pleeeeeze bncry.gif

Brought mine to the dealer to store for me as well last week.

Well last Thursday on my way to place the NEAM Geocache this is wat it was like in the southern part of New York.

pennnov06002.jpg

Yeah thats about 2 to 3 inches of snow. Rode the last couple of miles into Alaghany State park in it. Got chased by the police as he originally thought that we were on snowmobiles when he saw the single tail lights. All he said was " You guys are nuts".

This was the campsite the next morning.

pennnov06007.jpg

pennnov06008.jpg

At least we had the park to ourselves!

Even by noon the next day we had driven through several white outs, but the roads were just wet. but it sure was cold just look at the ice on the bikes!

pennnov06011.jpg

pennnov06012.jpg

But I am still not puting the bike away, still riding to work everyday.

Well last Thursday on my way to place the NEAM Geocache this is wat it was like in the southern part of New York.
OK, wow... you win. I'm not sure what, but you win nonetheless...

Man, in snow like that, I gotta say that those knobbies on the 'Strom look a lot more appealing than the tires (Metzlers?) you've got on the RT .

That snow was pretty much what I had to ride though but I had to get home from work, I wasn't out playing in it!

crazy.gif

I'm still riding but I can't see it lasting much longer. bncry.gif

The more I ride the RT the more I love it! I never thought the transition from sport bike to tourer would be so easy!!

The cop's right wink.gif

In spades blush.gif

Here in sunny SoCal the Santa Ana's been keeping us in the 90+ but it should cool off to the mid 70's for the rest of the week thumbsup.gif

Archived