IGNORED

Ordered some side bag liners from an online dealer...

loujack

I ordered a set of "kathy's Journey Designs" case liners (duffels cut to fit the side bags) this past week. They arrived today. Decent construction, put a sweatshirt, 5 t-shirts, 5 pairs of socks, and two pairs of jeans in the bag. It fit in the side case nicely and still had some room to spare.

It will make weekending easier now. It was a little bit of a drag using rain and mud covered side bags as suitcases like I did on my last trek.

Yep, regardless which you buy, the liners make things MUCH easier... So nice just to pull out the liner and have all the stuff stay togther.

I did remove the factory elastic from the cases. Are others doing the same? Seemed to make more sense than having them in the way.

Eric

I think I'm in the minority here, but I really don't like my Kathy liners. I've used them for about a year on my RT. My biggest complaint - lack of structure. They look great in the pictures. The models are obviously stuffed to the brim with paper wadding . Anything less that full and Kathy bags just flop around shapelessly in my sidecase, often make it harder to pop in and out of my sidecase quickly. Obviously, I prefer to keep my bagliners in all the time. I suppose if I only used them for travel, I'd be happy with them.

Stuart Bliwas

I bought a set of Cee Bailey liners which I'm totally satisfied with. When not being used in my bike I use one as a brief case. Frankly I've never made a side by side comparison with Kathy's liners. I bought Cee Baily on a basis they were a little cheaper and I prefered the color they came in.

Can't remember the brand, but bought liners for $35 for the set. They are cordura and quite sturdy. I have had them for a year now and have absolutely no complaints. I am a tightwad, I know, but paying the cost Kathy's and Cee Bailey's want for something as simple as this seems too much to me.

Archived