IGNORED

Advice please - recommendations for EE width boots?

MightNotBeThere

MightNotBeThere

Time for new boots and I've just found that I have to get a wider fitting now.

Has anyone got any suggestions please for something that has a fairly wide toe box?

Although they will be used on a GS I don't need or want anything that screams pro motocrosser about to set off around the world, but I do want decent protection.

All suggestions welcomed please so I can do some reseacrh before leaping to the wrong conclusion....

Thanks,

Alex

PS If you have a recommendation, please mention if you think the fit is true to size or not.

I'll watch this thread too Alex.....I have a EE type foot also....Currently I'm using Sidi Tepor and they are alright but I ride with silk socks so they fit OK...Without the thin socks my feet swell and start to hurt....I wear a size 9 EE and in this boot I use a 43 ....The Sidi Tepor Sport looks interesting too...I also have a pair Sidi Champion Air's but they are pretty light..Don't wear them anymore...Not near as much protection...

I want new boots too if I can find a fit and style (not racing) I like...

Glad you are asking the question..

Sidi link: http://www.sidisport.com/eng/motorcycle/art.asp?ATp_ID=M02

Phil.......Redbrick

MightNotBeThere

Yes, a disappointing response (or non response)...

I'm down to either Sidi Discovery (probably overkill for the type of riding I do) or possibly Vendramini's Marathon.

Got any other ideas yourself?

Alex

I am a EEE and ride with Alpinestars waterproof boots.

They are NOT heavy duty. But they are EXTREMELY comfortable, dry as a bone and warm enough to keep me comfy in 0 degree.

My only complaint is I have a large calf and the zipper is tough to get up and the velcro isn't wide enough but once they are under my suit it doesn't matter anyway.

These are race style boots so are light and have no tread to speak of. I carry hiking boots for off the bike stuff as well so again doesn't make any difference to me, I was looking for and got a dry, warm, comfy boot that I can ride 10 hours in and still not have any foot issues.

I am a EEE and ride with Alpinestars waterproof boots.

I'm an EE myself so I know what that is. But what the heck is an EEE? Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire? wink.gif

--

Mikko

Sidis and most Italian shoes are cut very narrow. I tried them years ago on my MTB and wound up throwing them away.

I have a couple of serious suggestions: Russell Moccasin Co, http://www.upnorthoutdoors.com/russell/boots_motorcycle/motorcycle_menu.html

I have been wearing their shoes, moccasins, boots, since the early 70s (the REAL Abercrombie and Fitch in NYC sold them). They are first class and will make them CUSTOM sized to your foot tracing (which they will keep on file). Trust me, they are great.

Right now, I have been using Ariat (equestrian) boots #34561. They are very sneaker-comfortable, well made and are well vented (through tongue/forefoot) for summer riding. They are laceups though and I have to tuck the long lace ends in my boottops to prevent getting them caught on pedals.

Strongly recommend Russell. Check their wide variety of styles, soles, leathers etc.

cheers,

Ray Hull

Aluminum_Butt

I'm a member of the platypus family myself (11 or 11.5, EE or EEE depending on the shoe).

I've been very happy with Diadora boots. I'm on my second pair. The first ones were shorter - hiking height (Express model, I think). They were comfortable on and off the bike. This time I chose full-length, as my rain suit rode up over the top of the shorter ones. They're comfortable too, but I do miss the lower height as they were easier to get on and off, and a little more comfortable walking around at destination.

Protection in both boots is decent (good support, ankle skids). I can't attest for sure to water resistance - water leaked in the top of the short ones, and I haven't been in a sustained rain in the tall ones. Slip resistance is good.

Sizing is spot on for me.

I got mine at www.motorcyclecloseouts.com. No affiliation, but I've been very pleased in all my dealings with them.

I have very wide feet and had to get the GS2 boots from BMW as these were the only ones I could fit in wearing socks. I tried almost ALL other brands from Sidi to Fox and in between. Some would fit me if I wore no socks at all. So looking like a BMW posterboy I got their boots and am happy with them. Just my 0.02 cts

Lone_RT_rider
I'm an EE myself so I know what that is. But what the heck is an EEE? Electrical Engineer Extraordinaire? wink.gif

Isn't that an Oxymoron? grin.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Surgery?!?

Do you guys/gals have problems with big calfs (okay, maybe fat calfs)? What options are there for that problem? Also, why do most boot mfgrs put the closure on the outside of the boots instead of the inside of the boots? Sure would be easier to close em up on the inside. Just my opinion though.

Archived