IGNORED

B2B communication

sundance

Okay...my wife and I must have B2B communication. I'll skip the implications of that statement; suffice it to say you dont really know how much someone means to you till something happens.

Okay...nuff said.

We are looking at the Chatterbox, the ones with the units that mount on the helmets. Some obvious questions here. I'm concerned about the weight of the unit on our helmets. How are they working for you?

I also see thay have a new Bluetooth Wireless Communication system. They operate off of a base station mounted to the bike, so I'm assuming the helmet units would be lighter. This model seems most appealing as I will be adding a GPS unit which I assume can be plugged into it.

Anyone have any experience with these.

The other alternative we are considering are the Kenwood's Freetalk GMRS XL. Figured we could secure them to our tank bags somehow. Pro-No units on the helmet; Only draw back here are the cords, but not so much a concern really.

So what do y'all think?

Thank ya!

The other alternative we are considering are the Kenwood's Freetalk GMRS XL. Figured we could secure them to our tank bags somehow. Pro-No units on the helmet; Only draw back here are the cords, but not so much a concern really.

Better option than Chatterbox...AutoCom also offers bike to bike only solutions for use with the Kenwood.

I've got an Autocom Pro7 sport and use a Motorola Talkabout radio for bike to bike (hubby has a Starcom1 system, but he messed up his helmet wiring somehow). We've been happy with it.

P

Yeah...we're leaning towards the Kenwoods. The chatterbox's seem like such a good idea, but I cant get over what that unit on the helmet must feel like. Anyway, I'll read the threads Maddawg pointed me to, guess I should've done a search for those first huh? dopeslap.gif

Yeah...we're leaning towards the Kenwoods. The chatterbox's seem like such a good idea, but I cant get over what that unit on the helmet must feel like. Anyway, I'll read the threads Maddawg pointed me to, guess I should've done a search for those first huh? dopeslap.gif

Autocom's Kit #21, plus a couple of Kenwoods, will do the trick. You're talking quality equipment. However, you mention Pro No. I've never heard of them. Do you have a link?

I don't have much information regarding brands; but, while at Deals Gap last month I spoke with a couple that were using the Chatterbox. They had them in their tank bags in lieu of mounting them on their helments. They said it worked great and didn't have to mess with the helment mount issues.

However, you mention Pro No. I've never heard of them. Do you have a link?

Sorry...my bad...I meant that the "pro" or positive of the Kenwoods is that there are no units on the helmet as opposed to the chatterbox. I guess I didnt phrase that right. tongue.gif

I don't have much information regarding brands; but, while at Deals Gap last month I spoke with a couple that were using the Chatterbox. They had them in their tank bags in lieu of mounting them on their helments. They said it worked great and didn't have to mess with the helment mount issues.

Thats a good idea. Then just plug it into some helmet speakers right? Whatever we get, I'd really like to wire it to a PTT button under the left grip, I wonder if that can be done with them?

If I were to hook then up on my tankbag as I would the Kenwoods, I'd have to compare the two in that regard. In comparison, the chatterboxs are about $40-50 more per unit than the kenwoods, so I guess it will come down to quality.

I dont know if one has an advantage over another...any input here?

I've used the Chatter box in the past, both on helmet, and in tankbag. The tankbag is more comfortable. I have a Wolfman Explorer, and put it in the left outer pocket. I then used a PTT mounted on the left control assembly. The standard appropriate chatterbox extension cord (about $20) is used from the helmet headset to the tankbag. For the $ they work well. Mine is still fine, but I'm going to sell. I wanted the power and variables of the Autocomm........

all the best,

Mike

I've used the Chatter box in the past, both on helmet, and in tankbag. The tankbag is more comfortable. I have a Wolfman Explorer, and put it in the left outer pocket. I then used a PTT mounted on the left control assembly. The standard appropriate chatterbox extension cord (about $20) is used from the helmet headset to the tankbag. For the $ they work well.

+1

My husband and I purchased a chatterbox mount to attach to a RAM, and have them on our handlebars. the PPT is velcro-ed around the left grip. I will see if I can find the link to the chatterbox/RAM mount and post here.

Works great!

Archived