IGNORED

Better Late than never...MY Reno-Fernley Video

90%angel

Hey everyone,

So I finally had a couple of uniterrupted hours to put together a video of the day. This is sort of a montage that summarizes a track day - from random pit shots, to on-board footage, to video of me going around the track, etc., set to Sheryl Crow's "Steve McQueen" (a great riding song, BTW - add it to the list in the thread in Riders Discuss Other Topics...)

The first riding we see is Russell running the track on his own, no rider in front of him (well, there's one, WAY up ahead). There's also a little clip of him coming out of the pits and onto the track, later in the video. The rider you see pass his sorry a$$ at the end of the first on-board footage is yours truly! (hehe...nobody needs to know he was slowed down waiting for me...) thumbsup.gif The rest of the footage is Russell shooting me going around the track. Notice how I walk away from him a few times. cool.gif (until he shifts gears and keeps the throttle open on the front straight as I am slowing down, thus he blows by me like I'm going backwards) wink.gif

Couple things for me to work on: I have some awful lines on a couple corners, and I am not transitioning across the bike very smoothly. Such drama when I change body position from one side to the other. There are also a couple corners I get lazy on with body position. For instance, a quick Right-Left-Right-Left combo, I hang off right, stay there through the left (so I am set up for the next right), then finally change over to the left. So sue me - there are 30 corners at this track, I was tired!! grin.gif And I have a few minor steering corrections that don't need to be there smirk.gif

Oh yeah, the voices at the end are Russell and Tim Baker (bakers rt here on the board)!

Enjoy!

Reno Fernley Trackday

Sweet vid kid. thumbsup.gif Keep 'em comin'.

It warms me so, to think back to the timid Lisa that could barely ride the little K bike a coupla hundred miles...turning into the track stallion out spankin' the tracks in the greater SW. You go gurl. clap.gif

Would you do Reno again?? Headed for a modern trackbike soon??

I'll look at it as soon as I get broadband again. BTW, Becky, the girl working with me at the track yesterday at Streets, said that she was at Femmoto, too. Do you remember a Becky? Tall, thin, brown hair, from San Diego? She pretty much rode the same bikes you did, but didn't like the Tuono. She rides a Yamaha R6 normally.

It warms me so, to think back to the timid Lisa that could barely ride the little K bike a coupla hundred miles...turning into the track stallion out spankin' the tracks in the greater SW. You go gurl.

I know, I can't believe it myself. I am forever grateful to the California Superbike School for teaching me some valuable skills in levels 1-2 (especially) that upped my confidence, which in turn upped the fun factor in riding (street riding as well as track riding). Having FUN while riding really encouraged me to ride more (duh, right?) and riding more increased my skills, which helped the confidence thing even more, etc. etc.

I have to say I am a real track junkie now. I'm not sure what I love about it the most...I think just having a place where all I have to focus on is improving (don't have to look at the speedometer, check for LEOs, worry about drunk drivers making left turns in front of me, etc). Plus, you really can't focus on anything else. If you focus on what you have to do at work on Monday, you're gonna ride like crap. thumbsup.gif

Would you do Reno again?? Headed for a modern trackbike soon??

I would probably do Reno again, but not until after I did some other tracks on my list (Laguna, Infineon, Thunderhill, Miller, VIR). I'd probably sooner do Barber again, but Reno is pretty sweet. It's just really advanced and very physical (and a bit bumpy), so it kicked my butt (therefore, it wasn't quite as fun as other tracks, but really made me up my game!)

As for a track bike, we're throwing some dollars into making my current bike work better. It may become increasingly more difficult to find parts for it, the older it gets, but for now, we're sprucing it up vs. going for a different bike. My bike is pretty comfortable, and I can definitely move around on it easier than Russell's CBR, but it does have its limitations (which we are currently trying to remedy...I have it on good authority that most of my birthday presents have come from kneedraggers.com and ebay!) grin.gif

BTW, Becky, the girl working with me at the track yesterday at Streets, said that she was at Femmoto, too. Do you remember a Becky? Tall, thin, brown hair, from San Diego? She pretty much rode the same bikes you did, but didn't like the Tuono

I'm not sure I ran across her. I met a lot of riders, but the name Becky doesn't stand out. There were so many interesting women there. I found out later I was there with Andrea Wilson, who is a photographer for various AMA racing and supermoto events! I saw her portfolio and it is pretty good. I would have loved to pick her ear about that all day (how'd she get into it, who are the nicest/pissiest riders in the paddock, etc.) smile.gif

I actually didn't ride the Tuono this time. I rode the RSV R (mille), and just loved it! A born track bike, that one. I can see how the Tuono would take some getting used to coming from a sport bike. It's a completely different riding style (but still totally fun! As you know.) cool.gif

I have it on good authority that most of my birthday presents have come from kneedraggers.com and ebay!) grin.gif

And we only need to wait until tomorrow to find out! Oh goodie, goodie, gum drops!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

It warms me so, to think back to the timid I have to say I am a real track junkie now. I'm not sure what I love about it the most...I think just having a place where all I have to focus on is improving (don't have to look at the speedometer, check for LEOs, worry about drunk drivers making left turns in front of me, etc). Plus, you really can't focus on anything else. If you focus on what you have to do at work on Monday, you're gonna ride like crap. thumbsup.gif

This is the part of it I like the best I think. It requires total focus and concentration. That and the fact that one never stops improving( we hope) . There are plateaus to be worked thru but that makes it even more rewarding when the breakthru comes. thumbsup.gif

Oh goodie, goodie, gum drops!!

Did Phil really say that??? Really?? eek.gifeek.gif

Sorry. Just got a little beside myself talkin' about my good friend, Lisa and the FZR!!!

Dude, that's b&^%%*&^in' You rock. (Better?! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif)

Nice job on the riding and the video!!! With David joining the Code crew, I think we should have a female board member go for it!!! I'd take you as my track coach, anyday!! thumbsup.gif

With David joining the Code crew, I think we should have a female board member go for it!!! I'd take you as my track coach, anyday!!

Awww, shucks. Thanks! I was thinking the same about you - you rock!! My problem (among other things) is that I would crash the second I turned around to look behind me at what the student was doing! grin.gif Would make for a highly entertaining class though! thumbsup.gif

In all seriousness, I think teaching there would be a BLAST! (hard work, but a blast). However, I just don't think I have the time or funds to do enough track days/schools to ever get good enough. So, I'll have to live vicariously through putz...er, David! tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived