IGNORED

engine swap

ncosh

I have a 03 1150rt - love the body style compared to 04 but wish I had the dual sprk plugs. Will an 04 engine fit the 03 frame - or is there a way to add two plugs to existing engine

I've got 116,000 miles on my 2003 and oil consumption and power has not changed much since 24k miles. When Maynard starts to finally get sloppy (I'm guessing around 150K-200K miles), I plan to have the top end rebuilt and the SJ-BMW dual spark mod done. Should be good for another 150K miles or so then! thumbsup.gif

I have a 03 1150rt - love the body style compared to 04 but wish I had the dual sprk plugs. Will an 04 engine fit the 03 frame - or is there a way to add two plugs to existing engine

I'm struggling here......I don't beleive there is a body style change between the 03 and 04....am I missing something here ?

As mentioned, the San Jose BMW conversion is popular, but in answer to your core question, yes the swap will work. In fact you wouldn't have to swap the whole engine. Just the heads, ignition coil, and associated wiring.

But like the others, I'm confused about your '03 vs. '04 comment. In the US market, other than the engine and a couple of minor (like fasteners) changes, the '03 & '04 model years R1150RT were identical. Are you sure you're not thinking of the '05 R1200RT?

What I meant to say and what was type was not the same thing. I knew the 04's came out with the dual sprark plugs and that is what I was thinking when I refered to the 04- It is the newer body style I don't like. Thanks all for the info and will look into the SJ kit.

Archived