IGNORED

Gel battery for 1150RT

Ralph

My RT had a BMW gel battery in it when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago. Checked the previous owners records and it went in the bike in 2004. I keep it on a BMW battery charger/maintainer at regular intervals. All I can tell you about the battery is that it started the RT when the weather was 28, 34, & 36 degrees on a recent trip. Not many on this board like this battery, but like I said, it came with the bike. Others here seem to like Odessey and Panasonic batteries.

Many forum members have recommended Odyssey or Panasonic replacements. Some have recommended another BMW gel. You can probably search the old threads in the archives. I have the original gel in my '04. It's 3 years old and is holding up just fine so far, but I will probably replace it with an Odyssey, probably because a BMW replacement gel will be more expensive and not necessarily be more effective (cost or performance). Just personal opinion/preference. wave.gif

Thanks for the help. I wound up with the Exide battery ( bmw brand) and an air filter & they even let me install it in the shop. Loaned me the tools & made sure i installed it right. Actually they were harassing me for letting the old one run down. The warm shop & some snap on tools were nice. All for a measly pittance of 100.00 bucks. Thumbs up to our BMW/Ducati shop. thumbsup.gif

Archived