IGNORED

bun burner gold and got paid for it!

boxercup03

i work as a sales manager for a chevy dealer in connecticut,and recently we had a customer that saw one of our vehicles online, a dodge pick up. he wanted to buy it but didn't want to fly out to pick it up. so i loaded my bike in the back and off to chicago i went. i told the cust.all i wanted in return was a set of tires and he agreed.

i set a route south to st louis then across kentucky,west virginia ,then north back up to massachusetts,then the mass pike to 91 south back home to westbrook. 1540 miles in just under 23 hrs. had great ride no problems.

It's not too late to send in your keyboard and get them to send you one with the Shift key on it............should be covered under warranty lmao.giflmao.gif

Pat

It's not too late to send in your keyboard and get them to send you one with the Shift key on it............should be covered under warranty lmao.giflmao.gif
Agreed, all lower case is just as hard to read as all upper. I blame Napoleon.
Agreed

Gentleman.

It would be nice if we keep this medium as it was intended for.

Sharing our riding experiences not critiquing the writing skills of others.

Jim's experience/story proves that like me, God made us better riders than writers tongue.gifconfused.gifthumbsup.gif

Don't make me drag the ACLU into this guys blush.gifgrin.gif

Enjoyed the ride tail Jim thumbsup.gif

way to go, jim. not only a great ride, but getting paid for it, to boot! well done, sir.

as for those pesky correctionists and their fascination with proper capitalization, i have nothing else to say. tongue.gif

Fantastic! I hear about the traffic back East and always wonder how one would get 1000mi in, let alone 1500! Good job!

[my shift key isn't capitalized, and I *always* sign my name...]

jan

Fantastic! I hear about the traffic back East and always wonder how one would get 1000mi in, let alone 1500! Good job!
No KIDDING!! blush.gif

I thought it was hard enough doing it out West here with wide open (and pretty darn straight) interstates posted 75 mph most all the way! NICE JOB!! clap.gif

And Pat and Killer . . . you guys make me shake my head in disbelief sometimes! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

well done. what a unique opportunity to close a sale and solidify potential future relationship with this client. i wish i ran across more automotive sales folks like yourself. and to seal the deal with a bun burner gold accomplishment, wow. one of these days i'll prepare for this sort of distance riding and attempt one myself. kudoos to you.

mike o

Rocket_Cowboy

Most impressive! I thought my BBG was difficult, doing 1515 miles in 23 hours, 35 minutes ... and that was out west with very little traffic and higher speed limits. Congrats on the accomplishment!

AdventurePoser

Excellent job! I did one of these a couple of years ago, and I'm never doing another...at least until someone asks me to go with them!

Steve

Dude, I would edit out/blur that "max speed" part if you post or send this anywhere. The IBA seriously frowns on such things (not that you mentioned you were going for a cert, but just in case). If you need help let me know. Then we'll show you how to post it in-line so it shows up in your post as an embedded pic! wink.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

My Garmin usually goofs up at some point on a 1000+ mile ride, and my top speed will read something insane like 270mph. Fortunately, everyone knows my bike isn't anywhere near capable of those kinds of speeds. smile.gif

My Garmin usually goofs up at some point on a 1000+ mile ride, and my top speed will read something insane like 270mph. Fortunately, everyone knows my bike isn't anywhere near capable of those kinds of speeds. smile.gif
True. My max speed said 370-something for a good while (until I sent it back for unrelated repairs). I kept it on there to show to the next LEO who I had a roadside interview with so he could put it in his report! "How fast was I goin'? Well, my GPS says 376 mph, but you know how unreliable electronic equipment can be--you just can't trust 'em!" grin.gif

Still, it is VERY likely that the OP's bike would do (and possibly might've seen) 120 mph. Just tryin' to edumacate the peeps here so no one gets their peepee whacked. cool.gif

Pat

CAN YOU POST THE ADDRESS FOR THE PLACE THAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT FOR THOSE OF US THAT NEED IT? TIA!!! tongue.giflmao.gif

those capitol LETTERS ARE sure important. i THINK THIS GUY SHOULD BEtarred and feathered. i feel sorry for you 20 year OLS WHO CANT REad his written.as a former ENGLISH TEACHER i CANT TELL HOW you IMPORTANT THAT IS. BOB

Archived