IGNORED

Biketoberfest..Races Only

BFish

Just got back from Daytona. Spent yesterday and today inside the track. Located the BMW garage area by literally running into Nate Kern, intoducing myself and having him lead me there. Met Ed Dean and most of the other guys. Had a really good time. Thursday was practice and racing started Friday after lunch. Big 8 hour races tomorrow and they're all preppin for it. Twins only... no inlines. Going back up to watch that tomorrow as well.

Below are some pix...not like francois, but hopefully they'll be fun to look at.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hbpapa1213/album/576460762328111879

note...not exactly sure if deans first name is dean or his last name is dean...somehow ed for his first name stuck in my mind. bncry.gif he is deans bmw on this site and former owner of san jose bmw. anyhow...enjoyed chatting with him over the last couple of days.

Brian, I scored a ticket to the BMW paddock fo rthe endurance race, you going to be there?

plan on it. garages for a while then prolly hang out at the horseshoe to watch some of the racing.

Thanks for sharing. I wish I had known, I was off Weds, Thurs and Friday. Next year lets group up, because it sounded like fun.

Was it just one race??? and who won?

Thanks for sharing. I wish I had known, I was off Weds, Thurs and Friday. Next year lets group up, because it sounded like fun.

Was it just one race??? and who won?

races all day fri,sat am (then moto-st 8 hour started at 1pm) and sunday. nate kern won his sprint race sat am by almost 1 minute. for the moto-st (see post below) left garages and parked in the infield near the exit to the back stretch. small crowds...be very easy to have a group and also to move around to diff parts of the track.

Wish I could have been there Brian, did you get a chance to take the VSTROM up there or did you ride the RT so you could hang and park at the BMW garage confused.gif ?

BTW - Grand opening was huge, you would have loved it!

Wish I could have been there Brian, did you get a chance to take the VSTROM up there or did you ride the RT so you could hang and park at the BMW garage confused.gif ?

BTW - Grand opening was huge, you would have loved it!

rotated the v-strom and the RT. sorry i missed the GO. we have too much going on at the homefront that kept us from running up.

It's all good, I know that you know how it feels with your own business.

I'm taking this weekend off and I think I may head down and see who's still in town.

You game?

It's all good, I know that you know how it feels with your own business.

I'm taking this weekend off and I think I may head down and see who's still in town.

You game?

might be doable. out at client most of today. i'll email or call you when the dust settles.

Sounds good amigo.

Looks like a few of us are going to go down to St. Augustine to watch the last motoGP race at a british pub there. Call my cell or PM before then and I'll get you directions.

M

Archived