IGNORED

Torrey Xll "The rest of the story"

Whip

A lot of my pix have already been posted by Killer and seen at his home during "Rum Fest"...but some have manage to slip by so I'm here to tell....."the rest of the story"

Louise and I got to Torrey early and managed to beat the snow and cold. We got to Torrey at 9:55pm Tuesday night....I knew the Ram Rock closed at 10 so we didn't check in at the Chuckwagon until after we had a very nice dinner....what we didn't know was Killer and Marty were waiting on us and Killer ended up eatin some kind of frozen thing out of his freezer and Marty ate a candy bar.....sorry guys.

Louise took this shot from the back of the bike crossing Glenn Canyon on 95.

99981865-L.jpg

On Wednesday Killer took Louise and I out on a Toyota Back Country Tour. Something everyone must do when in Torrey.

You've all seen the frozen tundra shots but just to keep the story goin...

One minute it was like this..

99856135-L.jpg

The next like this.

100276366-L.jpg

More fall colors from Utah that some of you may have missed.

99856159-L.jpg

99856156-L.jpg

99856154-L.jpg

Then it got real windy...but Killer had to have that pic.

99856179-L.jpg

It got so windy he got down in front of his truck to block the wind so he could get a better pic. I stayed in the truck because I'm weak...and you never want to let an opportunity pass ya by.

99856182-L.jpg

99856181-L.jpg

When you go out on a four wheel tour with Bob he won't stop until you've seen everything or you tell him you want to go in....that day we had seen mountains, valleys, snow, mud, cows, deer, lakes, ponds, what was left......

Rain!

99856212-L.jpg

Sleet!

99856214-L.jpg

Fire! .......................................sorry different day I got carried away.

99910231-L.jpg

I may be the only one that likes this pic, but it's my Ride Tale

100276720-L.jpg

Somewhere in around Torrey we ran into this dude....He was waitin on Wurty...They had a score to settle from last time.

99982003-L-1.jpg

Louise took this pic while out on her second Toyota Tour

One of the "locals" out for a stroll..

100280240-L.jpg

On Friday mornin a small gang decide to brave the weather and go up sweeper madness......we had breakfast at the Capitol Reef and were met by this poser as we were leaving.

99959985-L.jpg

At the end of sweeper madness Tom "Azaiser" wanted more. He settled for Fish Lake

99959987-L-1.jpg

Jamie made a perfect target.and while I was linin up a snowball on Jamie I was hit in the ear from the west.

99959993-L.jpg

Bikes in snow always look good to me.

99959996-L.jpg

I can't explain what happen Friday night, but the atmosphere changed.

100840957-L.jpg

99856217-L.jpg

Friday night really was that cold.

I think Mrs Whip was turning blue.

99856221-L.jpg

Dick did his best but I think the cold was getting to him. Somethings you just gotta deal with it.

100276841-L.jpg

Some people were not affected by the cold at all.

Like Sue... "Mrs Signman"...one of my favorite pix of the week.

99856225-L.jpg

Saturday we went on a great ride up "Sweeper Madness" over to 24 by way of 70.. Stopped for lunch in Hanksville at Blondies and back through the park. It was the biggest group I had ever road with. It felt like 100 bikes but I think it was closer to 20. On I-70 we must have been spread out over serveral miles.

99856240-L.jpg

FlyinGreg and Jamie makin sure we didn't loose anyone.

99910213-L.jpg

My heros...Todd helpin Richard light his cig because he's still shakin.

100276981-L.jpg

At the end of the day Laney took the FJR for a test ride..

99910217-L.jpg

Todd_Z lookin good...Does anyone know if his underwear is blue.

100277005-L.jpg

Saturday night was a lot of fun....we started out at the camp ground with some good food and a nice warm fire.

Phil..Tom...Richard...Todd.

99910236-L.jpg

Whatever it is it must be serious.

99910241-L.jpg

Run Norah Run

99910239-L.jpg

The ride to the "Rum Fest"

99910242-L.jpg

I can't remember what Tom said but Mrs Whip liked it....."The Rum Fest"....

99910249-L.jpg

Not the threesome Jamie has been dreamin of

100277279-L.jpg

There are no words for some pix...............................

100277302-L.jpg

?????????????????????????????????

99910253-L.jpg

Sunday mornin they did a tire change for Thor....and I helped Killer cataloge his garage for the winter....this way when he needs something he can look at my pix and then know right where it is so he doesn't freeze to death while lookin for it.

99910261-L.jpg

99910262-L.jpg

99910263-L.jpg

99910264-L.jpg

99910266-L.jpg

Sunday afternoon we went for a another Toyota Tour...this could have been the best ever.

Our leaders discussing house plans.

99910284-L.jpg

Whip showin Killer how to take pix.

99910297-L.jpg

Killer tryin to scare us...

100278350-L.jpg

Monday Mornin all alone again...except for Francois and Nina...jet lag was gettin to them so they slept in. If you look real close you can see his bike behind that car on the sidewalk.

97855981-L.jpg

Went by Killer's to say good bye... we were late everyone was gone.....so we stayed until Tuesday.

99910336-L.jpg

Then said good bye.... we thought it was good bye....but that's a story for another day.

Whip

Edited by Whip

99856217-L.jpg

I like the way my number plate lights up, that was my 1974 Honda CB175, the law forced us to remove the front plates as they were chewing up pedestrians in collisions. The XD means the bike was registered in Luton and the M is the year.

Hey

lookingfor.jpg

Revenge will be served cold.

----------------

How long is it until Torrey anyway? - Add your own pictures

Firefight911

Awesome! Just awesome!

I will never tire of seeing this sort of picture. . . well, then again, I could probably do with a little less of Richard! Especially less of him lying across my threesome!! grin.gif

Whip, Mrs. Whip, it was a true pleasure! I can't wait to ride together again! Thanks!

What was the name of that Scotch again?

Whip, you are Killering me!! lmao.gif

I'm sure Bob will have that garage all cleaned up by Spring Torrey! wink.gif

I've GOT to get more of my pics uploaded! crazy.gif

Phil

"What was the name of that Scotch again?" ...................Oban.

Please bring your lovely wife to the next gathering......so that when I yell Jamie I've got a better chance of someone hearing me.

Whip

Edited by Whip

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Whip,

Thanks for posten those always spectacular photos. The little hairy creature (no, not you Richard) looks familiar.......... grin.gif.

Todd (Graydude)

I hope I never piss anyone off.....Richard (BeniciaRT_GT) and Bob (Killer) have become very good friends....I try to talk to them often and Richard even tried to call me last night at 12:30 in the mornin just because he was laughin and couldn't stand up........could be the sheepskin he was wearin at the time...ya know how itchy they can get eek.gifeek.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

Whip

• 12 years later...