IGNORED

Save the date, site announcement, hotel info, etc.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Hi,

We're ready to post a save the date for the Un. I think we'll also announce at that point what state the Un will be in. I still need to work out some process stuff with the campsite/motel for placing reservations. (We're going to try and do all the reservations through the campsite company, as our motel block is reserved through them.) So, I don't want to post the actual city, because then people will start calling and it will get messed up.

I also want to give Un volunteers, admins, mods, etc. first shot at rooms and accomodations.

We will follow with an actual site announcement as soon as the logistics are worked out, probably a week or so.

It is my thought that we will schedule the site announcement so people will know when it is coming and no has an advantage in seeing it before anyone else because they just happened to be online at that point. Does anyone think this is crazy or I'm overdoing it?

So, I guess we're ready to have Leslie announce us to the board. *phew*

Take care,

Mark

Joe Frickin' Friday
It is my thought that we will schedule the site announcement so people will know when it is coming and no has an advantage in seeing it before anyone else because they just happened to be online at that point. Does anyone think this is crazy or I'm overdoing it?

Given the madness and animosity that ensued after Tasker's well-intentioned "save the date" announcement for Gunnison, I'd say you've learned the right lessons from his experience and are handling this wisely. thumbsup.gif

Announcing what state it's in is a good idea too so that people from the west coast can make a decision about whether they want to attend at all.

I'm going to announce you two as out organizers in Ride Planning and will add caveats about being patient and letting you do your jobs. Your sense of timing and order of dispensing info should allow you to get things done before people have a chance to jump the gun.

Good work guys!

Archived