IGNORED

UnRally-III Dates and Location Announcement!!!!!!!!!

KMG_365

Lemme see....

2,500 miles to Cody. Hmmm. That's what, just a little SS and a BB strung together? Me likey those kind of initials. cool.gif

What Would EB Do?

Awesome choice !!! IN !!! Thank You Jamie and Leslie.

So good to see you guy's in Eureka Springs, what a great time that was. BTW, it was raining too hard Thursday morning so decided not to bother with the T-shirt, next time.

What Would EB Do?

If EB was going by himself and starting in Miami, he would consider going via Albuquerque or El Paso and doing a SaddleSore 3000 along the way. cool.gif

ss3000.jpg

Thanks to Flint and Chadd my eyes have been opened. I'll not roll a wheel in Iowa and Nebraska. Sweet!

So, the location is set and it's not even December.

Pilgrim and other's already have the routes and day trips figured out. Excellent!

I'm with Paul...are we at 256 days and counting? grin.gif

TIGTBSMF cool.gif

aTennesseebmw22

Oh,let me think,'(1 second later)' IN.

I've been as far west as Houston. My parents took a Vacation there 2 yrs ago just to visit Cody,(and ride horses)they spent a week there. They were amazed at the beauty of the WHOLE area.You should have heard them talk about their trip when they got home.(seem to remember something about snow in july....ha) So I can't wait to make that journey !!! Tool , you shouldn't tease us like that this early in the game.

ride safe unitl then

Thanks to Flint and Chadd my eyes have been opened. I'll not roll a wheel in Iowa and Nebraska

Uhhh, been across southern Minnesota and South Dakota recently? Until you get to the Badlands and the Black Hills, it makes Iowa and Nebraska look rugged. wink.gif

Hey EB, I resemble that remark! C'mon, you know SE Minnesota is pretty darn nice.

Cody is aok outstanding! IN! Also some great camping in the area for those that are so inclined.

In - What a great choice and time. The captain is in, eventhough she doesn't know it yet.

Save a day of non riding for the Buffalo Bill Museum. It is a day plus to get through the whole thing.

Well done, Jamie and Les. Cody is really a sensible choice. It's a superb integration. It seems to me you've fit our event in really well with the other popular events. You've hit on a location with good access, and being off the beaten path its a fresh venue for a huge portion of us, but has attributes that call former visitors back to it. And, I feel you've really chosen a place that captures the spirit of our group that will invigorate and fulfill us. I really like it.

I know you guys, so I know too that you'll be just as sharp at all the things it takes to bring this together. We couldn't be better served.

Thanks, so much.

Did Sun-joo call you??? So far, in the 3 months she's been in the U.S., I've taken her to 23 states. She says her favorite is Wyoming (least favorite was Nevada). She will be very excited and we will do our best to make it there!

I'll come as far east as the Black Hills to guide flatlanders afraid of heights grin.gif But, you'll have to stop by Devils' Tower and maybe the Battle of Little Bighorn NM on your way to Cody smile.gif

Mike Cassidy

My wife & I are thinking about Washington next year so this may be a good chance to make the rally also. Chief Joseph hiway is a nice ride. We done it 2 years ago. So we may be in for this date.

Well let me see, I've never been to Wyoming, only read about Yellowstone, and heard tall tales about the Chief Joseph Highway. I'm 2 for 2 with this UnRally thing, that last was cheating since it was at home so I've got to figure out away to get there.

Man I don't want to miss this. There has got to be away! Jamie and Leslie great location and I hope you get folks from all over.

Are we mice or LDRs? I sure don't want to be no stink'n mouse! As the great modern day philosopher Paul Simon said, "There must be 50 ways to cruise into Cody." I hope I can figure out one that includes my whole family. Hope to see you there. grin.gif

Oh man I am seriously conflicted now! frown.gif

The SO has a major "milestone" birthday during those dates.

Well, I guess I have 8 months to figure out how to work this out. confused.gifgrin.gif

Dances With Roads

Wowwie wow wow! What a riding season this is gonna be!

Thank you Leslie and Jamie - GREAT WORK!

If by chance anyone has NOT gone to a rally or explored the Great West on a motorcycle, the three rallys would be unforgetable.

Now for eight months of slow burn...

In! Carole and I will both be there - wouldn't miss it for anything after Torrey! Now I just gotta get off my dead butt and buy Carole her RT........

Phi Degnan

SJC, CA

2000 LT CY

1999 R PR

I'll be there. Just happens to be 1008 miles from my house so maybe I can get my Iron Butt certification on the way there. I had such a good time at Un-Rally II in Arkansas, I can't wait till Un-Rally III. I'll put in my vacation request tomorrow. See you all there. grin.gif

Well, I guess I have 8 months to figure out how to work this out. confused.gifgrin.gif

If I can pull off going to Un-II on my honeymoon you should be able to work something out. smile.gif

My wife had a birthday while I was in Torrey and I missed our anniversay while in Redmond. This time I'm bringing her along and singing happy birthday through the intercom. (FRS off of course) grin.gif

Just an FYI here, not intending to cause anyone any heart burn. The TOR dates are 9-12 with closing ceremonies on Sunday evening. That may be of concern for those of you who are thinking of making the trilogy of rallies in July. (TOR-UN-MOA) It will leave one less day to travel between the TOR and the UN in Cody. For most it may not be a big deal, but some such as myself who like to take it easy when they travel--you know "stop and smell the roses" kind of attitude, it will probably will change my plans somewhat.

Yes, Kevin it's true. Paonia has been shifted to one day later. Per the www.coloradobeemers.com site:

Posted: 10/04

Reminder, Paonia 2004 Dates: The 2004 Paonia rally will be 9-12 of July, with closing ceremonies Sunday night, July 11. This is a change from the traditional Saturday night closing ceremony. The national starts the following Thursday in Spokane, Washington.

We are quite aware that whatever the choice, it will not fit in exactly with some folks abilities/schedules/preferences/riding style. This was just the best attempt to find a compromise and accomodate as many people who wanted to do the National and try to throw in the TOR as well. The TOR was given some consideration (because we really like it, and it is very popular with many here), but if folks want to take their time to sight-see and perhaps therefore have to choose which ones to attend, these things are inevitable with a group as large as ours. The alternative was to be forced to pick just two of the three. Since some folks only get one vacation a year and want to fill it with as much riding as possible, we thought this option provided the "greatest good for the greatest number" (to borrow a goal of 'Triage' wink.gif ) Yes, for those doing TOR as well, it may mean a long day on Monday the 12th. Another option is to leave after the closing ceremonies on Sunday and put a few miles on before dark heading towards Cody. You do have 16 hours of daylight that far north in July, as Mike pointed out.

So that you all can plan: Paonia to Spokane is roughly 1200 miles, depending on the route. Cody is almost exactly at the mid point (600 miles each leg). The TOR rally starts on Friday afternoon this year, the 9th of July (instead of Thursday). Closing ceremonies are Sunday afternoon/evening the 11th of July. Tentative schedule is for UnRally arrival/registration/reception/dinner on Monday, July 12th. Ride all day Tuesday and formal dinner in the evening. Ride all day Wednesday and informal dinner in the evening (for those still around)--or leave for the National. Thursday, leave for National. Arrive in the afternoon/evening in Spokane.

Here is a link to the National rally in 2004 in Spokane, WA

This is your gathering. If anyone else has any other ideas, input, suggestions for activities (Tech Daze, etc.), willingness to help with specifics, please let us know! laugh.gif With the talents we all here posess, I'm sure we can make this event one to remember!

Looking forward to seeing you all there! cool.gif

Tentative schedule is for UnRally arrival/registration/reception/dinner on Monday, July 12th. Ride all day Tuesday and formal dinner in the evening.

Finally! A chance to wear my tux to a BMWST.COM event. laugh.gif

Tentative schedule is for UnRally arrival/registration/reception/dinner on Monday, July 12th. Ride all day Tuesday and formal dinner in the evening.

Finally! A chance to wear my tux to a BMWST.COM event. laugh.gif

Remember, to a biker "formal" means a fresh T-shirt. Lacking a fresh one, you are to take your cleanest one and wear it inside-out.

Pilgrim

Remember, to a biker "formal" means a fresh T-shirt. Lacking a fresh one, you are to take your cleanest one and wear it inside-out.

Having not been to a formal BMWST event, I kind of assumed from reading most of the posts that we were expected to wear Patagonia CoolMax shirts and polyester/nylon quick drying pants.

No, wait. I met Marty and we have to wear HD T shirts and outer gear that looks like it has every bug species from North America splattered on it smile.gif

Mike Cassidy

I was kinda disapointed that the National is in Spokane. A rather boring ride from Seattle. But Seattle to Spokane via Cody sounds like a hoot.

As of this early date, I'm IN!

Moved from Virginia to Montana this past spring and had to miss the gatherings this summer. Thanks for a great choice for the un. Looking out at the snow and ice does make it hard to wait. Multiple, dailey windshield cleaning will be a must in July. There is a good reason they have trophy trout here. For those comming over 212 from Stugis to the Little Big Horn Battle Field you will run into about six or more miles of loose dirt/construction outside Broadus MT.

Ya sure, youbetcha. Lord willin' that is. Spokane is kinda close to Redmond, but Cody and maybe even Paonia? There's some serious most excellent adventuring. Missing it would be most egregious.

And here I was thinking that after my Wyoming wreck last season I was going to escape all Wymoing entanglements in the coming season...

We'll swarm any gravel trucks in the area for you, check the tailgates and give 'em a sticker wink.gif

Mike Cassidy

IN for two. I am going to be camping two up with the Wife. Any other campers out there? Since I have never actually stopped in that area, it will be a great change. How is the camping? I sure hope we can have a honest to goodness bonfire. What should I expect?

I wasn't too enthused about the ride from Seattle to Spokane, But Cody to spokane just makes me grin from ear to ear. Anyone heading over from the Seattle area want to hook up for the ride?

AdventurePoser

Sadly, because of job/scheduling problems, Jennifer and I are most likely out. frown.gif

However, if we hustle we may be able to meet up with some of you who choose to attend the BMWMOA rally in Spokane.

Cheers,

Steve

Okay, now I can ride to Cody and to the National Rally. I have pms pretty bad as I have not gotten in more than a few miles between Kosovo and Iraq "visits". Should be fun.

Rob

Welcome Home, Rob!!! Our country is in debt to you and your fellow Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines. We can't thank you enough for your service.

It will be an honor to meet you in Cody.

Dex

Okay, now I can ride to Cody and to the National Rally. I have pms pretty bad as I have not gotten in more than a few miles between Kosovo and Iraq "visits". Should be fun.

Rob

"PMS"....Pre-Motorcycling Syndrome?

Parked Motorcycle Syndrom - PMS.

We tend to get this in the Great White North (Michigan), and the poor bikes have been parked way too much in the last two years.

Rob

As part of my early (very) planning, I looked for hotels in Cody in my many hotel listing books. I found that in July even the basic ones, like Super8 and Days Inn, run at $100/night and up. That's a bit more than what I like to spend for a shower and a bed. Looking at the Cody web site codychamber.org I found the Best Value Inn wtp.net/holiday , 307-587-4258. In July it is $83 for a double and $72 for single. In a group deal they can do better. I'm sure it's basic, ground floor, park at the door. The location on their web site has 24 rooms, they are opening an additional location with 40 rooms.

Worth checking out.

Archived