IGNORED

What is the verdict? Do Beltran Battery Tenders work with the BMW gel batterys?

lthj75

I read way too much conflicting information. Anyone have an updated answer now that they have been out awhile? Can I go the cheaper route and get a Beltran or do I need the more expensive BMW CANBUS charger?

Your '06 has an AGM battery, and the Battery Tender, Jr. works perfect with it. I woul suggest wiring the Jr directly to the battery, very easy to do on the new bikes, never a Can Bus issue and a perfect fused likk for such as Gerbings etc.

I woul suggest wiring the Jr directly to the battery,

Exactly.....do a direct connection with the supplied connectors.

Connecting through the CanBus will only create problems unless a "CanBus charger".

Also a Battery Tender Jr will work great on Gel Cell batteries.

Oh and it's Deltran not Beltran. Their manufactured in Florida not far from Daytona.

I have been using the BMW branded Deltran charger that I was using on my 1150RT without any problems. It is supposed to have been adjusted for Gel batteries. However I expect the new Deltran units and mine are pretty much the same. I have to hook it up directly to the battery as it won't work with the canbus stuff on the 12RT.

Oh and it's Deltran not Beltran. Their manufactured in Florida not far from Daytona.

Hmm, I always thought that Beltran was a professional Jai-Alai player at the Orlando Fronton!

AD

Archived