Got the lights wired up, night what's night!

CruisinCruzan

I've finished my headlight upgrade on my '06 RT replaced the low beams with 4300K HID lights put in an overwattage high beam bulb and then supplemented the high beam with a pair of Hella micro DE HID driving lights mounted under the oil cooler. Don't ask how I know how little space is under there once the suspension compresses with the wheel turned. A half hour with a tape measure, level and my wife to help me tweak the aiming and I took it out for a nighttime ride, well aimed instant sunlight! I wired the lights with an on-off switch that when it is in the on position they are slaved with the high beams (thanks to Ken H for wiring advice). I like lights like a Harley guy likes chrome. I figure with 4 35 watt HID lights I can almost melt the car in front of me if I want to. Next more LEDs mounted to the top case with a quick connect for when I ride without it. Tinkering it never ends!

Calvin  (no socks)

Love those Micros.... I have a set on the GT.... I do a lot of night/wee hours riding... with empty roads...wow The guys won't let me ride sweep anymore... I burn their retinas too much.... grin.gif

I bought a set of xenondepot 4300K lights. Although they have a separate ignitor it is quite small and the ballast is very thin so mounting was not a problem. Everything is wired through a Painless Wiring fuse block.

Archived