IGNORED

Global Vision C-2 Bifocal Readers

devauxb

I stumbled on the Sound Rider! website recently as they were offering some ROK straps with free shipping charges.

While there, I saw that they had some bi-focal motorcycle glasses available with interchangeable clear/tinted lens. Sweet! Since I need reading glasses to read maps on my tank bag, this is just the ticket for me:

https://store.mm411.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=198&id=818

They have them in the standard magnification options. I have to say for $30.00 (also free shipping charges on those), I found them to be a good value, the lenses are distortion free, come with a micro-fiber like carrying bag that you use to clean the lenses and even has a little built in pouch to hold the extra set of lenses. Me likee. thumbsup.gif

By the way, I'm not affiliated with the manufacture or the website.

Cheers.

I've been riding with something similar for a couple of years now. Very useful. I got mine at SafetyGlasses.com. I have them in clear, for night time, and brown tint for daytime riding.

I also have quite a few pair of the Optx20/20 stick-ons from the same source. I worry that applying the bifocal stick-ons to a face shield will be unsatisfactory. They are meant to be closer to the eye than a face shield will allow, I expect. That being said, if you don't like them on the shield, you can always apply them to another pair of sunglasses or safety glasses, for that matter. They are reusable.

• 2 years later...

Bob or Richard,

Did you try sticking the OPtx magnifying len's on the visor, and if so what was the result.

Age and fading eyesight is a wonderful thing!

I've been using these from Aerostitch for about 10 years now, have them on several pairs of sunglasses for both riding and non-riding and they work perfectly.

Over the years, I had to increase the strength from 1.25 to 1.50, and now 1.75. Compared to what I would have spent for bi-focal glasses over the years, these have been very economical.

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16520

Archived