IGNORED

A new toy from far away.

einnar

I'm not sure the etiquette of referring to another board for a ride report, but I can't seem to format it the way I'd like on this one.

Please forgive the link to another board, but I thought I'd share a ride report in an attempt to fully emerge from lurker status.

Ride Report

I don't think there's any problem posting links like that...

Regardless, great report. Congrats on the new bike purchase. Sorry about the fridges not working out for you. smile.gif

The fridges were a minor thing. I thoroughly enjoyed riding it back from FL, and the previous owner was a pleasure to do business with. Still enjoying it immensely, and the miles on it are climbing! smile.gif

Hi "einnar"!! wave.gif

Thanks for the wonderful Ride Tale and congrats on the new bike and successful maiden voyage! thumbsup.gif

In re: your concerns:

I'm not sure the etiquette of referring to another board for a ride report, but I can't seem to format it the way I'd like on this one.

Please forgive the link to another board, but I thought I'd share a ride report in an attempt to fully emerge from lurker status.

Ride Report

We may be new to the DB etiquette rules ourselves, but as far as Leslie and I are concerned (and we can't speak for other DB's), there's nothing to forgive here. We don't see ourselves "in competition" with anyone out there to share the love of motorcycling and SportTouring especially. We've had many members here post helpful, informative or just plain fun links from other DB's and AFAIC, if it's good info for our members there's no reason to keep it out of play! Some of our members do not have the time to visit the many other excellent DB's that are very numerous now on the web. I'm sure they appreciate the contributions to their general motorcycle edification from those of us that do . . . "get around" . . . and I mean that in a GOOD way! wink.gif

Also, because of our size (and growth rate! smile.gif ) and the fact that this is a free, non-commercial site relying on free-will donations of the members to pay for the bandwidth needs and server related expenses, we have to limit demands on that bandwidth and storage space. To facilitate that, the previous proprietor chose to limit photo attachments to one attachment of no more than 75k per post. However, if your pictures are already hosted on a web-based server that allows hot-linking (like SmugMug), you can use html "image tags" to embed as many photos as you'd like for your future posts. There is a "sticky" thread in the DB Support Forum explaining how to do this.

Again welcome and thanks for sharing your joy of motorcycling with us! cool.gif

Good report Einnar. I frequent four different motorcycle forums including Rounders. Two are BMW and two are not. It took a lot of effort to type out that report so short of a cut & paste you provided a link. Good on you. Welcome!

Archived