IGNORED

Tire Prices

John in NC

Check out SouthWest Moto and find someone who will install your tires if you bring in the wheels. I don't know about the 880's but $400 is on the high side for tires.

I have yet to buy mine from SW Moto although I give them the courtesy of pricing my tires. I have been able to have the local BMW dealer beat the price and install them for free. I take them the tire and pick up later that day. Works great for me.

Ride Safe. thumbsup.gif

I have been able to have the local BMW dealer beat the price and install them for free

So what is the out the door $$$ amount? And which local dealer?

Stan

ME880's

$260.80 incl tax, mounted and balanced, I take in the rims.

$280.80 incl tax, mounted and balanced, I leave the bike.

Those are for an R1100, can't think the rear price would be much different for the 1150 size.

Just curious what people around the country are paying for a set of Metzeler ME880's installed? Last year it was $400 here.

The ME880 (bias) on the rear of my bike is about $100 at Motorcycle Pro Shop (online). I install and balance my own tires, since it is a pretty simple procedure, and that way it gets done right!

I have never used an ME880 on the front.

ME880's

$260.80 incl tax, mounted and balanced, I take in the rims.

$280.80 incl tax, mounted and balanced, I leave the bike.

Those are for an R1100, can't think the rear price would be much different for the 1150 size.

Wow. Only $10 additional cost per wheel for removal and remounting? That's practically free.

In March,I paid $240 to SW Moto Tire for Metzeler 880's for a '98 RT which includes that oddball rear 160/60VR-18. Honda shop charged me $16.25 per tire to mount & balance new tires (brought them the loose rims & new tires) plus $3 shop fees for a total of $37.63 with the tax. Total investment was $277.63. Bike had a relatively new Dunlop on the rear and a 60% Dunlop on the front when I picked up a screw. Don't you just hate that? I can see why some of you have tire changers and balancers; you could spend big bucks in a year just on tires if you ride a lot of miles. I was at the local Harley shop the other day- there was a chopper there on the showroom floor with a rear tire that looked to be like 16" across; I don't know what the heck size it was, but I'll bet that the guy who picks up a screw or nail in that rear tire would probably be in shock when he got the bill for a new rear tire (assuming he replaced it).

I just bought a set of Z6's from American Motorcycle Tire for $240 OTD + $30 to mount and balance at an independent shop in Newport Beach and I tipped the tire changer $5 for a total of $275.

Metzler Z6 tires for a 2004 R1150RT at Cross Roads BMW in June 2006:

2 valve stems $13.32

4 wheel weights $21.60

1 Metzler Z6 Rear Tire $155.99

1 Metzler Z6 Front Tire $127.99

NJ Tire Tax $3.00

Mount&Balance $123.75

Shop Supplies $8.04

Tire Disposal $8.00

Total Cost $461.69

Cutting the twisties on what feels like a new machine Priceless!!!!! (sorry, I could not help myself)

Metzler Z6 tires for a 2004 R1150RT at Cross Roads BMW in June 2006:

2 valve stems $13.32

4 wheel weights $21.60

1 Metzler Z6 Rear Tire $155.99

1 Metzler Z6 Front Tire $127.99

NJ Tire Tax $3.00

Mount&Balance $123.75

Shop Supplies $8.04

Tire Disposal $8.00

Total Cost $461.69

Cutting the twisties on what feels like a new machine Priceless!!!!! (sorry, I could not help myself)

Wow, that's amazing, mount and balance $123! Wheel weights $21 - I hope they have BMW embossed on them in gold leaf, you could get a lifetime supply for that price.

I trust you won't be going there again.

I have been able to have the local BMW dealer beat the price and install them for free. I take them the tire and pick up later that day. Works great for me.
Very sweet... Last time I tried my dealer was more expensive on both the tire and the mounting, so I bought the tire from Cycle Gear and had them mount and balance ($20).

Delivered price from SW Moto Tire. Great service. I mounted them myselfs with a friends No-Mar Changer (another post) Balancing is easy and cheap. You could pay for a N-Mar with 3 sets of tires at the $123 rate! Wow, our closest dealer is 120 miles away so the local shop isn't a good option for us.

I've purchased from SW tires and will second what others say. Recently they were shut down while they were away from the store so I checked out Ride Direct since other members here have mentioned them as well. http://www.ridedirect.com/

I was able to get a set of Conti's for the RT for slightly less than SW. thumbsup.gif They arrived practically before I finished typing the order. Nothing against SW tire, this is just another option. No affiliation, etc.

I also just purchased a set from SW moto. Great price, fast delivery. They gave me some decals too. thumbsup.gif

Delivered price from SW Moto Tire. Great service. I mounted them myselfs with a friends No-Mar Changer (another post) Balancing is easy and cheap. You could pay for a N-Mar with 3 sets of tires at the $123 rate! Wow, our closest dealer is 120 miles away so the local shop isn't a good option for us.

Archived