IGNORED

Nav II update from v6 to v8

Firefight911

OK, I got my update to v8 on my BMW GPS from Garmin

No problem with the update to the computer. Everything working and looking good.

Problem is in the fact that I have since uploaded a route, etc. to the GPS and thought the v8 update would just end up on the GPS.

Noticed that the GPS unit still shows v6. How do I get v8 from my computer to my GPS?

Problem surfaced when I created a route on the v8 PC and then uploaded it to the GPS. The route on the GPS had some deviations in it. (Had some directions as the crow flys instead of staying on the road chosen on the PC.)

TIA!! wave.gif

I tried checking for updates from the Mapsource progam and it says none are available. I have version 6.11.3. How did you get the v8 update?

Direct from Garmin.

I just did this update on my Navigator II last week. In Mapsource on the PC, select the MAP tab and zoom out until the entire map is displayed. Select the "Map Tool" and click-and-drag to select all the individual maps. (I'm running City Navigator and it showed 309 maps selected!) Then click on the "Send to Device" button, tell it to transfer maps, and let 'er go. It will take a while to complete the transfer. thumbsup.gif

Hope that helps!

I tried checking for updates from the Mapsource progam and it says none are available. I have version 6.11.3. How did you get the v8 update?

6.11.3 refers to the version of Mapsource - the mapping program.

V8 refers to the version of the Maps themselves.

Phil-

When installed, you will find the map tab in Mapsource has all the map sets that have been installed. As long as they are all unlocked, you can switch between map sets in the software. You then must build your routes with the map set that you want to use (V8), then upload the whole shebang to your GPS...I have found that if you are using the garmin memory stick, the USB loader seems to work better for loading the maps- then install in the GPS and download the routes and waypoints.

This whole answer is premised on the ass umption that the Navigator II is the same as the Street Pilot III, which I own. You'll like version 8...I installed it in mine about 3 weeks ago....many updates from V7

See ya in October-

To all,

Did my update just as you stated and, Bada Bing, v8 is there! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Also did my GPS WebUpdater and, Bada Bada Bing Bing, the latest version is now there too!!!

Thanks for your input and help to help this GPS Noob get unlost in the woods!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Now, on to getting my Torrey route in!! grin.gif

Archived