IGNORED

throttle rocker device

maxscycle

Any use a throttle rocker device on a r1100rt (or similar). My wife wants to install one on our rt (it already has the euro police style throttle lock screw on top). I am concerned it being a problem using the heated grips with a rocker installed.

Any brands of rockers recommended? any brands to shy away from?

thanks

I have used them on other bikes with no problems, but when I tried one on my 04 RT I kept catching the end of the plastic in my sleeve when braking resulting in unexpected throttle input (not good! eek.gif) Bought a Bob's Wrist Rest from Bob's BMW and never used the throttle rocker again.

Go figure. I have a throttle boss on each of my bikes and a Wrist Rest from Bob's on my R1100. I like the throttle boss because it lets you just lay your hand on the grip and vary the grip position to tweek speed with the terrain. I never use the Wrist Rest because it doesn't hold speed (not supposed to though) and you always have to fiddle with it. Just depends on your preference.

Ever considered a Throttlemeister?

Tried a Throttle rocker once, didn't like the "feel" of it being around my throttle hand. I use the TM to give my wrist the occasional rest, especially on slabby rides.

I've tried the throttle friction screw and a 'flip a lever' cam type locking device but neither really worked under normal road conditions. It's rare that you can use a constant throttle setting for very long, at least in England.

I found the throttle rocker to be perfect. It takes the strain off your hand and you can rotate it out of the way for normal driving.

I've used the Throttle Rocker for 54,000 trouble free miles... Never a problem w/ heated grips... At ten bucks a pop there not much downside if you don't like it... thumbsup.gif

I've got 42,000 on mine & I love it. It's never been a problem. I also have a Throttle Meister but use the rocker 10x more. For $10 whats the down side? Try it.

I think you will find that this is one of the topics on which there is widespread disagreement. There are the strong advocates for rockers who think the Throttlemeister/Bob's Wrist Rest are useless. And there are those with exactly the opposite opinion. You just have to try them out for yourself. There is no right answer and there is no consensus here.

Archived