IGNORED

SOME KIND OF LEAK HELP PLEASE

BKC1

IHAVE A SOME OIL LEAK COMINGFROM THE OIL SIGHT GLASS,HOW HARD OF A FIX AND I HAVE SOMETHING LEAKING ON RIGHT SIDE BEHIND THE QUICK RELEASE GAS LINE ONE LEAK LOOKS LIKE IT IS COMING FROM A BOLT AND ANOTHER TO THE REAR OF THAT COMING FROM A HOSE THAT A CLAMP AROUND IT 03 R1150 RS

Stop shouting and you might get a better response.

Do a search on the sightglass issue. Plenty of info here.

What is leaking near the gas line? Oil? Brake fluid? Gas?

Work with us here.

BKC1,

Using the "Caps Lock" constantly is the internet equivalent of shouting at us.

Regarding your R/H side leak, there was a fuel line recall/check on the RT's and it might pertain to the RS's as well. There was a problem with the Oetiker clamps not being cinched down tightly enough on the rubber hoses that fit over the plastic tubes of the fuel rail (the three plastic tubes that come out of a rubber gasket in the side of the airbox on the right side). I would call your dealer and tell him your fuel line quick disconnects appear to be leaking and they might get you in quickly for a warranty/recall fix (should be free as it's just a matter of putting the special tool on those clamps and tightening them up a tad).

Regarding the oil sight glass leak, you can try cleaning the area around the glass thoroughly and using socket (or drift) that is just under the size of the opening and a rubber/plastic mallet to drive it back in if it's not already slightly recessed behind the face of the engine case. They have been known to "pop" out and you'll empty your oil sump, possibly seize your engine if you don't notice it soon enough and surely make a serious mess of your left foot/boot/pantleg! eek.gif

If it's already pushed in all the way then the seal is gone and you'll need to buy another one and put it in as described above (after first draining the oil and then removing the old one).

Good luck,

Sorry about that...the password on this site is case sensitive and when I joined my caps lock was on. The gas line was recalled and fixed under warranty about a year ago. The fluid seems to be oil. Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your responses and advice (no caps lock).

The gas line was recalled and fixed under warranty about a year ago. The fluid seems to be oil.
Ah, I just had another idea. There is a larger rubber hose about 5/8" in diameter that "rebreathes" the oil vapors from the top of the crankcase back into the airbox. This is the one that is in the way of doing throttle cable swaps and frequently gets either nicked or the clamp(s) are not properly resealed afterwards. Have you replaced the throttle cables recently? It also could've happened during the fuel line recall repair. Any more detailed description would be helpful, or a picture would be even better.

Archived