IGNORED

Mission Accomplished - Butt Burner 1000!

jfremder

BB1000.JPG

1035 miles in 18’50”

BB1000%20Map.jpg

Starting Temp 58°F

Coldest Temp 43°F at Peshtigo and Salt St Something French

IMGP1152.JPG

(We wore the wrong gear, thought it was still summer froze, butts off)

Fog – Lots in Escanaba

fog.jpg

Mackinaw Bridge - Very Cool

IMGP1154.JPG

Red Bulls consumed 2.5

Rest Room Breaks - 4

IMGP1158.JPG

IMGP1161.JPG

BMW’s spotted – 3

IMGP1153.JPG

Harley’s spotted – 26

Deer Sightings - 3

deer.jpg

Gas price in the UP = $2.49/ gal.

gas.jpg

Advil Liqui-gels consumed Carol-4, Jeff-8

Coolest part – Tunnel of Tree’s (Deal’s Gap in Cross Point, Michigan 11miles with 306 curves)

tunnel.jpg

In all, the trip wasn't that tough, thanks to all the suggestions from you guys and the IBA. Carol and I had a great time and look forward to our next adventure!

First, Killer's right about the GPS...better they don't know. I've heard rides were disallowed cause of it. They're still sitting on my June run on which they can only prove my average total trip speed was 71mph...and that's not bad.

Second, NICE GOING and NICE GOING CAROL!!! Looks like a fantastic route and anybody who can stop to yake pictures of grazing deer on a SS1000 has A LOT going for them. That proly explains the 3 hours of "stopped" time. The next one will be easier...then it's a BB1500 and then you're going to look at 4Corners and then the CC50 and then... thumbsup.gif

Congrats, but max speed 116? Better not show that to the IBA.

That must be an error. Try reloading the page.

I must be thinking of somebody else's ride wink.gif

I did a SS1000 on July 22nd, IBA is sitll working on mine too. I didn't expect any info yet on mine, but in a month or two I will start getting a bit anxious.

congrats!!!

Garry

Hi,

Congratulations!

Bet you remember that heated gear next time.

Important thing about an IBA ride,you have to be geared up for all types of weather.

As others have said,this time of year with everyone out riding,it can take a month or two to get your certification back.

JR356

IBA SS1000

Hi,

Congratulations!

Bet you remember that heated gear next time.

Important thing about an IBA ride,you have to be geared up for all types of weather.

As others have said,this time of year with everyone out riding,it can take a month or two to get your certification back.

JR356

IBA SS1000

More than a month these days. I did a BB1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours) in May and it's still not posted yet. I believe the data is current through the end of March. The way it's looking, I'm going to have another SS1000 done before the BB gets posted blush.gif(

Regards,

Bill

AdventurePoser
I did a SS1000 on July 22nd, IBA is sitll working on mine too. I didn't expect any info yet on mine, but in a month or two I will start getting a bit anxious.

congrats!!!

Garry

Remember they are volunteers who sift through mountains of paperwork on LD rides. You should get your certification in the next month or so. Mine took four months....

Cheers,

Steve

Congrats and well done with both the ride and the 'Tale!! clap.gif

I'm sorry for the new-found addiction you'll now be suffering from, though! eek.gif

But when you get around to either your Four Corners Ride or your 50CC Ride, remember that we're only 12 miles from the western end of Interstate 8 and only 18 miles from the southern end of Interstate 5 (and less from the San Ysidro Post Office, the SW corner of the Four Corners Ride). And we've got a bike shop, a tire shop, safe garage parking and a guest room! thumbsup.gif

Fantastic. Bravo!!!!! I'm going to do it next spring from my place south of Kalamazoo around that big old Lake. I will time it to get through the Gary-Chicago mess in the wee hours of the morning. The tunnel of trees is a fine ride. It was the capstone of my 8,000 mile trip this summer.

Let me know if anyone wants to do this with me next Spring starting in southwest Michigan.

You have earned a very special license plate holder. Well done.

Bob

Atta-Boy Jeff.....

Good thing you had the Missus with you- much better than a backrest grin.gif

Am still waiting for certification on the one I did back in first part of June.....

They did cash my check so I know I'm in the mill.... thumbsup.gif

I will time it to get through the Gary-Chicago mess in the wee hours of the morning.

Bob

I think with all the ongoing construction, it's a mess through Chicago, even @ 3AM. We went out I-80, and then north up 39, to I-43 to follow the lake again in Wisconsin. Added miles, but not much extra time + no traffic

Archived