IGNORED

My Torrey Pics

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

Folks...I've been trying for two weeks now to write down what happened at Torrey....some words that might do justice to the events. Nothing seems even remotely close.

I finally just hammered out a few paragraphs and tacked them onto some pictures.

It is a lame tribute to the magic that I experienced, but it is the best I can do right now. Dick's tale of his 4000 mile trek through Colorado says some of what I felt. Laney's Torrey post says some of it. Kris' says some. Nothing says it all though...nothing could ever hope to.

The pics

There are LOTS of pictures, so it may take a while to download each page. Feel free to click on a picture to get a larger version.

See you down the road.

Worth the wait, RB.

The memories come easy, thankfully, but for most of us the words are harder to find... How does one describe magic?

Tool

Shoot, Russell. What's that the boys say down New Braunfels way in Tejas: "Even a blind sow finds an acorn once in a while" ?

And those were some darrrrrn good photos up in Cedar Breaks. Whodaguessed that was there?

But, perhaps as Master Yoda is fond of saying, "He who persistently peeks and pesters, is bound to catch at least a glimpse of The Dream".

Happy Torrey, young Jedi. Happy Dream, my Brother.

Thanks for sharing.

PhillyFlash

Russell,

Great photos and write-up. Your words keep the memories alive, but unless the readers were there, they really have no idea about the magic of Torrey. And yes, I know about those Jedi tricks. Like riding along at the front of my group cruising at 115 mph, and having Dick pop in and out of our ride. I never saw him arrive, I never saw him leave. One minute he was there, the next he was gone! Could have played with my mind, but I figured it was just a Jedi having fun. Anyway, who has time to think about what's behind when your cutting curves at that speed. But I never could get it up to 140+. You are such a hoon!!

Brant Herbert

In reply to:

having Dick pop in and out of our ride. I never saw him arrive, I never saw him leave. One minute he was there, the next he was gone! Could have played with my mind, but I figured it was just a Jedi having fun.

Heck, he was with you all the time, mutating himself between his watchful perch at Laney's right hand and darting in and out of your hologram. And you wondered why Laney was hoonishly riding with such grace and finesse that day laugh.gif

DSCN3243s.jpg

Archived