IGNORED

pannier lid hinges

jacko

Hi

I have some larger lids for my city cases and I remember seeing some time ago some hinges for quickley changing from one lid to the other, can someone point me in the right direction for where I might get them

Thanks regards Jacko

They were called Klueger Clamps. I don't know if he's around anymore or not. But at any rate they were little better than plain old bolts and nuts IMHO.

Having just swapped lids on a side case, these quick-swap gadgets strike me as overkill (especially the one that's $159!) If you get the extra-large lids, they come with screws that replace the rivets. Or you can just buy some stainless steel pan head screws (as I recall, # 8 x 3/4"), washers (2 per screw) and nylon insert lock nuts - about $2 worth of hardware. Drill out the rivets, attach the lids with the screws. I can change a lid in 5 minutes without spending $30 or $159 on some gadget.

Ok thanks guys I will save my money , 159 bucks seems a bit steep. Im in Austraila so by the time I had them sent out and payed the exchange rate I hate to think what the cost might be

Regards Jacko

Yeeha! Stephen

I'm on the other end of the argument. I just bought the Cycle Gadgets hinges.

I'm a Lazy Bum. tongue.gif I've had the extra lids laying around for a couple of years now and never felt like putting them on, cuz I didn't want to take the "5 minutes" to jack with it.

Well, $159 lighter, and I've got my City Lids on and can change back to the standard lids in... 5 minutes.

You knew that was coming didn't you? lmao.gif

What's a couple of hundred bucks to you big spenders? Can't take it with you!

Not to hijack this thread but how much do the XL lids cost? I currently have the city lids on my RT-P and like the idea of the larger capacity for some longer trips I have planned.

List is 110.00 each on sale

but you may be able to find some used (possibly slightly scratched lids) for about half that. my used larger lids for my RT-P already had nice reflectors installed on the back.

I will say (hijack) that the city lids may give a "slimmer" look, but of course they hold a lot less and (at least on my bike) don't seal worth a crap. I use stainless bolts to attach, and don't change them very often.

I'm on the other end of the argument. I just bought the Cycle Gadgets hinges.

I'm a Lazy Bum. tongue.gif I've had the extra lids laying around for a couple of years now and never felt like putting them on, cuz I didn't want to take the "5 minutes" to jack with it.

Well, $159 lighter, and I've got my City Lids on and can change back to the standard lids in... 5 minutes.

You knew that was coming didn't you? lmao.gif

What's a couple of hundred bucks to you big spenders? Can't take it with you!

I don't have a 2nd set of lids but I do like the concept of quick change hinges not just for the quick change but also to save on the longer term wear n tear on the lids.

Archived