IGNORED

Front Storage Compartment - Button gets stuck. This happen to anyone else?

lthj75

Everytime I push the lock/button to open the storage compartment (where the radio would be) the button gets stuck in the down position. It seems to get caught on the body fairing. I need to reach down from the front and push the lock area back towards me and it pops back up.

This every happen to anyone else?!?

Gordon K Phillips

I have had this problem a couple of times on my 05 R12RT. It happens when you push the button down at an angle. I now know all I have to do is center the button while pushing it down with my finger and the button will pop up the normal way. There is enough play, that if you push down off center, it will catch under the edge of the fairing. It is not a problem and if you use care when you push the button down it does not happen. wave.gif

Mine used to catch when opening it. Until I did the 10,000kms service and had all the plastic off. Re-installed the plastic and it works like a charm now. I would just loosen the screws around the compartment and try it a few times to find where it works best, then snug the screws back up.

I have had that problem when the plastic was removed , by me, and the button was not centered when replacing the plastic . It is not hard to remove the screws to and fix the problem .

Archived