IGNORED

Metzeler Z6 Tire Pressure

Kbro

What pressure are members running in their Z6's? the owners manual of my 02' RT says 32F and 36R. However, the sticker on the frame says 36F and 42R. Which is correct?

if u run it 32-36 u will get zilch for milage. i put mine at 36 front and 40 back and my milage went from 6000 to 9000 and at that point my front tire was still good but i had to change the rear. so 3 days ago i put on a set of avons. i am running those 40 front and 42 rear and the mechanic who put them on says i will get more than 10000 miles. i hope i hope

Based on some posts from this site a few years back, I use 38 on the front and 40 on the rear. I got 12K out of the last set of Z6's. I weight 200# and never ride two up. Matching this pressure assumes your and my tire pressure gauges read the same, which they probably don't.

What pressure are members running in their Z6's? the owners manual of my 02' RT says 32F and 36R. However, the sticker on the frame says 36F and 42R. Which is correct?

it was suggested to run 42/42. get 8-9k miles on them at that pressure. slightly lower seems to help w/ wear based on previous posts. may have to try that.

I just put Z6's on my 05 RT last week and put 38F/40R. They felt pretty good on the 530 mile excursion this past weekend. First time I have run Metzerlers in 12-13 yrs. So I am hoping for some good mileage out of them.

My wife runs Z-6s on her R-1150-RS, 41/41 for pressure. So far mileage and comfort have been spot on. 22,488 miles on the clock now, these tires were put on quite a while ago. Another set of Z-6s will go on when these quit.

I run 40 front 42 rear and got good milage out of my last pair. This time the front tire is pretty badly cupped at about 8K, so it's time for a new one. Last time the front didn't cup like this. I wonder what the difference is? Front shock settings? Riding style? (Too many straight roads this time.)

Mike

Count me in as another guy who runs 40F/42R. When I bought my RT in '99 it had MEZ-4s with a severely cupped front tire. The BMW service manager at Cross Country told me to run 40/42 and I have ever since. Have never had any cupping issues. On my 5th or 6th front tire now. All MEZs, I like the handling so well, I've been afraid to try anything else.

38F/42R on my '06 RT. Came with Dunlops, but replaced them with Z6s. The rear now has 10,000 kms (6,200 mile) and is going strong. The front only has 5,000 kms.

Archived