IGNORED

R1200RT sideview mirror surface developing very fine sctratches.

gettysburg

Does anyone know if the RT sideview mirror surfaces are made out of some type of plastic? They have more scratches(all be it very fine ones)than my wind screen or instrument panel lense.

I'm pretty sure they're glass. I actually cut my finger on one when I was doing a cleanup. I don't think plastic would be flat on the backsurface to produce a half decent image when it was silvered.

Having said that, my mirrors are showing fine scratches as well. Perhaps they're Swarovski. grin.gif

I actually cut my finger on mine.

I'm pretty sure they're glass. I actually cut my finger on one when I was doing a cleanup. I don't think plastic would be flat on the backsurface to produce a half decent image when it was silvered.

Having said that, my mirrors are showing fine scratches as well. Perhaps they're Swarovski. grin.gif

I actually cut my finger on mine.

Well I've never seen glass scratch like this from routine cleaning. I've only had the bike 6 months; what's it going look like a year or two from now? confused.gif

Well I've never seen glass scratch like this from routine cleaning. I've only had the bike 6 months; what's it going look like a year or two from now? confused.gif

I see what your problem is -- you clean your bike!

Archived