IGNORED

Synthetics

ctarlton

The Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 is approximately $10 a quart as I guess Mobil's marketing dept. found out folks were putting it in their bikes (especially Harley evo riders). I have been running the Mobil 1 ext. mileage 15W-50 and I have noticed lately at Wal-mart that they have not even been stocking this lately. It could be the person in charge of ordering is screwing up, or maybe a regional purchasing decision. I think it's still available for me though at Advanced Auto Parts or perhaps Autozone which are the 2 major players down here. Of course, there is still Castrol Syntec 20W-50 and the Shell Rotella synthetics (although I don't know if the synthetic Rotella comes in 15W or 20W-50.) Shell must have a special arrangement with Wal-Mart for regular dino oil- I picked up 5 quarts of 5W-30 for my stepdad's Lincoln for about $1.28 a qt., that's a good price for a qt. of oil. I also quizzed an oil changer who happened to be out in the oil aisle grabbing a couple of oil filters; he said he thought that the Super-Tech oil along with the bulk oil out in the shop was made by Valvoline. It would be interesting to run a BMW from brand-new with what is supposed to be cheap, crappy oil and see what the engine wear & bearings looked like after 200k miles. I don't know anyone personally with the courage to put Wal-Mart Super Tech oil in their BMW, however.

Archived