IGNORED

Bungee Buddies on Topcase

Tommy_Boy

Since there doesn't seem to be a clean, easy-to-mount rack to fit the 49L topcase, has anyone tried using Bungee Buddies to strap a duffle to the top of the topcase?

Seems to me it should work, but I'm a little hesitant to go drilling holes it that EXPENSIVE topcase. eek.gif

Thoughts???

That was an alternative I considered before fitting the K100 rack to my topcase. I think it will work OK but I decided against it as I thought the scuffing on the lid from the load being carried would be a concern.

Tom

I would go with a rack like Ed suggested. The saddle bags/topcase is a shell in a shell so you have to be very careful where you drill. ie. in the saddle bag just under the handle and along the top of the bag there are moving parts (don't ask me how I know) so you have to be careful where you drill. A rack would distribute the weight better vs. the bungee buddies and a rack would look nicer.

Jerry Johnston

I have Bungy Buddies on my top case (96RT) and Ed is right, you have to be carefull if you don't want to scratch the top. I always lay a piece of rubber mat on before strapping down anything. The rack is a better way to go and looks great.

I have them on my top case too. I only use them to bungee on my BMW bike cover when on the road since it's very light weight. This obviously leaves more room in the cases for more important travel accessories like clean clothes.

Archived