IGNORED

BMW DRY Duffel Bag/ mounting?

fla_rider

yea, i'll probably go that route, although what confused was the two straps that come with it appear to be useless. I figured i was missing something

I also have this bag, I bought the tie downs too attach it to the bike. In this picture

http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchant2/index.html

you see the tie downs, but these are ok, not great, any small tie down will work. Hope this helps.

edit: I believe the small straps are for mounting to the bike, but im not sure if i would trust them, they mount in the D- rings on the bottome of the bag.

ShovelStrokeEd

I have the bag and use Helen 2 Wheels straps to fasten it down. Straps go through the D-rings, are laced in and out of the bars on the rack and then up and over the bag. Secure at 150+ on the Blackbird.

Whatever you finally decide, please, please, do not use bungee cords to hold a large duffle like this as your only means of tie down. Especially if you are mounting it to a rack. One look at the end connection on the average bungee and you'll understand.

When I tie mine down, I sometimes will throw a bungee net over top of the whole thing as a belt and suspenders thing, but I would never rely on bungees alone to hold anything more substantial than a paperback book.

I have the bag and use Helen 2 Wheels straps to fasten it down. Straps go through the D-rings, are laced in and out of the bars on the rack and then up and over the bag. Secure at 150+ on the Blackbird.

BMWST.com Disclaimer: Professional rider on closed course. Do not attempt this at home. Some equipment on described vehicle is optional equipment. Subject to credit approval. Your mileage may vary.

Archived