IGNORED

Can John Doe purchase a new RT-P?

KentuckyBlue

I want an RT, but I want a white one. Are sales of the RT-P restricted to "authorities", or can I buy one? I wondered if anyone knew if the seat can be changed to accommodate 2up riding. Any other considerations that you are aware of? Thanks for any input you can offer.

Ray

There is a R12RT-P for sale at San Diego BMW motorcycles. It is/was a demo bike, has about 1100 miles, IIRC. Call Gary. 619-286-1971 Anyone (with money) can buy it.

all the best,

Mike

Are sales of the RT-P restricted to "authorities", or can I buy one?
From my conversations with dealers I can definitively state that the answer is either yes or no. grin.gif But you'll probably get the straight scoop here, though.

If your primary objective is a white bike and you want to carry passengers then you might want to simply consider a custom paint job. Would probably be cheaper and easier then buying a new RT-P and adding all the passenger seat stuff.

I had asked a dealer this a while back before when the R1150RT-P was out. The answer was yes. Then I got tour of the service department working on some RTPs and also some trainers (R1150R) getting ready to go out.

I would imagine that the cost to a individual would be about 3 to 4 thousand dollars over list if not more since they are fleet vehicles.

Kinda like saying "how much?...but I only want one cookie not the whole package.!"

The deal is you got buy the whole package to keep the cost down.

Radio box is not "on the seat". It replaces the seat, and is a good 4-6" taller than the R11xxRTP radio box. Tall enough that it has a small back rest pad attached to it.

Best use I've seen/heard of for radio box (other than radio!):

Auxiliary fuel cell.

Radio box is not "on the seat". It replaces the seat, and is a good 4-6" taller than the R11xxRTP radio box. Tall enough that it has a small back rest pad attached to it.

I was just going by the pictures on Bob's BMW web-site. The area under the white topcase appeared to be the same color and texture as the the rider's seat.

Don't know about purchasing new. I'd say probably if you look around. You can definately buy one of the police turn-in's. They're fairly available if you call around; especially western US right now.

Rotor

Don't know about purchasing new. I'd say probably if you look around. You can definately buy one of the police turn-in's. They're fairly available if you call around; especially western US right now.

Rotor

but those are R1150s not hexheads.

About a month ago, my friend asked the sales manager at BMW of Ventura if he could by an RT-P. The manager said yes, I can't remember the exact number, but he quoted him a price of around 19K - 19.5K.

Archived