IGNORED

The Rock Store

Dennis Andress

Dennis Andress

Like the rest of this summer, Labor Day weekend was too hot for a long ride. But, Sunday morning Malibu and the coastal mountains were a good place to be offering canyon roads and cooler temps. Traffic was light until about noon giving us a chance to really enjoy the canyons.

That's Doug showing off. Wish I could do that.

93200689-L.jpg

When it came time to kick back a bit we found our way to the Rock Store. Its a place where cruiser and sport bike riders hang out together, and a fun place with a camera.

93201700-L.jpg

93202414-L.jpg

93202861-L.jpg

93203188-L.jpg

93204480-L.jpg

93202805-L.jpg

There's always an interesting mix of people

93203462-L.jpg

93203513-L.jpg

And lots of interesting bikes. The things dreams are made of

93205359-L.jpg

93204103-L.jpg

93205607-L.jpg

93203658-L.jpg

And the unusual, in L.A. there is always the unusual.

93205277-L.jpg

Nothing says it better....

93201964-L.jpg

Orange County Choppers is getting everyone into the game

93202935-L.jpg

Butt Jewelry

93383063-L.jpg

Time to go. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

93205120-L.jpg

I see Russ Brown was there. Best thing he can do for his business is be where the future clients may be.

Also the bike with the twin exhaust behind the seat going up into the sky is just wrong!

Thanks for the pics Dennis.

thanks Dennis, What dreams are made of...... When i see a herd of bikes together like that, i do want to ride them all. What a great place to have fun enjoying the bikes and people. I need to try to get down there some time, just to add to the the list of " yeah, i've been there" stuff.

Hey Dennis!!

Thanx for sharing. It's a great place; used to be my second home (I lived five minutes away). Lot of great roads out there as well. And as always, you take super pictures clap.gif.

Nice pix, Dennis. Eric generally takes me by the Rock Store when I'm riding with him, but its always during the week and no bikes are around. Thanks for showing me that the place is not always a sleepy backwoods rondezvous.

Dave

Dennis Andress

Thanks all for the good words about my pictures. Just a couple of more here...

Does anyone know what this is?

93205024-L.jpg

Dave, there's nobody sleeping there during the weekend!

93204821-L.jpg

Dennis Andress

Whip, It looks like it'll be November before it cools off so yeah, the Rock Store will be busy in November.

AdventurePoser
Whip, It looks like it'll be November before it cools off so yeah, the Rock Store will be busy in November.

Unless it's damp outside. Any sprinkles and the posers who inhabit this place will stay home. Don't want to get their rides wet... grin.gif

Steve

Dennis Andress

Steve is right - rain keeps the posers home. But, I've been there early on a cold January Sunday and there were several old farts around with bikes like the Norton in my pictures.

AdventurePoser
Steve is right - rain keeps the posers home. But, I've been there early on a cold January Sunday and there were several old farts around with bikes like the Norton in my pictures.

Yep, the one-of-a-kind rides are there! Dennis, great photos!

Steve

Archived