IGNORED

Info needed from RT-P Owners. Seat conversion Question

lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman

I called Gina today from LongBeach BMW and she said BMW there is a third party company that makes a seat conversion kit for the BMW's. She said they don't have any in stock at the moment but can order through BMW North America. Here is the question. She told me the kit is complete with every nut and bolt but it not an easy install. The kit cost is $650 plus you need a lock cylinder at $30. For BMW to install it costs a $1000 installed. Could it really be this difficult? She said it takes them the good part of a day for the conversion? I can't imagine it being that difficult could it be. So the question is should I attempt to install myself or just throw down the cash and have BMW do it? She also said that most people who did there own installs ended up having the back seat come loose and wiggle around. Any information from those in the know let me have it. I guess the kit comes with no instructions whatsoever!

First off I want to say... this is not a attack... repeat not a attack.

Why did you get a rt-p if your first intention is to revert it to civilian?

You could have easily purchased a civilian with low miles for what you will be adding up in the conversion.

Aside from that the conversion is nuts and bolts and wire. If you know those 3 things you should be able to do it yourself.

lacofdfireman
First off I want to say... this is not a attack... repeat not a attack.

Why did you get a rt-p if your first intention is to revert it to civilian?

You could have easily purchased a civilian with low miles for what you will be adding up in the conversion.

Aside from that the conversion is nuts and bolts and wire. If you know those 3 things you should be able to do it yourself.

None taken. I have always wanted a police edition bike. This is the reason for the RT-P. I own 2 of the CHP Ford Mustangs LX 5.0 from back in the day.

I own 2 of the CHP Ford Mustangs LX 5.0 from back in the day.

Let me guess I985. Those were the ones to have right?

Anyway these boxer bikes are a fun ride enjoy it!

I generated a long response, got interurped, kept on typing and when I hit the continue function it said I had timed out. This has happened before and I should have copied the words into a word doucment or at least copied them to the clip board.

I have done the conversion, it was not hard but it was not easy, you will have to make some decisions. I'd rather not type it again. It you would like, maybe we could chat on a land line and I'll tell you what I know.

Jim

Archived