IGNORED

1st Annual Gilbert, AZ HOV Lane M/C Tour, Dec. 27 or 28, 2006!

KMG_365

I'm currently stranded in a hotel in Denver due to the Blizzard. Even if it stops snowing, the backlog at the airport (closed for at least two days)will keep me here through Christmas so I may not make it. I'll let you know if I can.

Dang, John that sucks! Good luck getting home and just get back safely, please. Don't worry about us, as it looks like you might need some time to "catch up" when you finally get in. There'll be other rides . . . . dopeslap.gif

Not sure if I 25 is going to be open, but I am willing to help if we need a rescue mission. Wonder if any of the board guys in CO, can get you south to say "Santa Fe" where we could pick you up. Think of it as a mad "Planes Trains and Automobiles". lmao.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Not sure if I 25 is going to be open, but I am willing to help if we need a rescue mission. Wonder if any of the board guys in CO, can get you south to say "Santa Fe" where we could pick you up. Think of it as a mad "Planes Trains and Automobiles". lmao.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

That would just ROCK SO HARDCORE!!!!! clap.gif

Hey, any of you "Mile High Crew" NOT snowed in?? smile.gif

Thanks Tom. If I25 opens, I'll probably just drive my rent car to Tucson and let NOrthrop Grumman pay. Once I get off Raton pass it should be clear sailing. I'll let you know,

john

Uhhhh..not to upset the apple cart boys and girls but really?? The Black Bear Diner??? There is a Cracker Barrel on Litchfield road and I-10. Also I am very familiar with the west side area roads etc. I'll be there if I can get some info on place, date and time!!!! Should be a nice day! thumbsup.gif

Uhhhh..not to upset the apple cart boys and girls but really?? The Black Bear Diner??? There is a Cracker Barrel on Litchfield road and I-10. Also I am very familiar with the west side area roads etc. I'll be there if I can get some info on place, date and time!!!! Should be a nice day! thumbsup.gif

I don't care if we eat there or Cracker Barrel. Leslie and I can always try on the Hats again.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Damn...I'm really bummed out that I will miss the fun...I expect to see lots of pictures posted with Eff on his (my) bike. This is a strange feeling...I'm suffering from bike withdrawal!

Let me take try to the edge off that withdrawal! lol

1596.jpg

1595.jpg

I think I have finally seen the RT light! These things are GREAT!

-Eff

Did he tape the mirror for you too? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Hey Eff.

You want to hook up with me and Richard for lunch as the UHAUL passes through town today?

Let me know

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

No can do ;( Going for a run and grilling salmon for the folks.

-Eff

Ok, sorry I dropped off the radar here, but a small episode with our health care system put me out of touch.

As far as the Black Bear is concerned, blame Gleno !! grin.gifgrin.gif

I've eaten there since then, but if there are legit objections there is a Cracker Barrel just north of the freeway on Dysart if needed - so stay tuned for any last minute changes !!

Yep, still holding good for next week even though today looked like winter eek.gif - regardless, it will be a bit brisk in the AM for breakfast.

Yep, still holding good for next week even though today looked like winter eek.gif - regardless, it will be a bit brisk in the AM for breakfast.

So we are eating at the taco stand!!!!

I knew it! wave.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

As far as the Black Bear is concerned, blame Gleno !! grin.gifgrin.gif

I've eaten there since then, but if there are legit objections there is a Cracker Barrel just north of the freeway on Dysart if needed - so stay tuned for any last minute changes !!

My thoughts on breakfast:

* You metioned Cracker Barrel and Denny's initially

* While Gleno was trying to be helpful . . . he's out now so we don't have to listen to him winging about the food! tongue.gifgrin.gif

* If others are freaked about the Black Bear Diner's health violations I can respect that

* You've stepped up to organize, plan the route, host a post-ride party, feed the Mongol hoards, house some of us, and all during a busy Holiday season (and you alluded to a medical concern as well, which I sincerely hope is fully resolved!)

Chris, YOU pick the place you like and I'll be HAPPY to be your wingman for the day! clap.gif

Thanks again to you and Tom for all the work you've put in to entertain us, to CraigC for loaning out his steed (sorry we'll miss you, buddy!), to Eff for the music work (and the cute pics! grin.gif ), and to everyone else who's contributing to make this ride . . .

. . . "not just an any old last (ride of the season) or a final (jaunt), but a real mother of a blowout"! thumbsup.giflmao.gif

Chris, YOU pick the place you like ...

Hmmmm, Ok, Black Bear it is - honestly I don't think there are any issues .... its an independent local cafe that's easy to get to and the food is OK. Party's ON!

Chris, YOU pick the place you like ...

Hmmmm, Ok, Black Bear it is - honestly I don't think there are any issues .... its an independent local cafe that's easy to get to and the food is OK. Party's ON!

Good enough for me!! thumbsup.gif

Black Bear Diner it is at 08:00 hours on December 27th! clap.gif

So let it be written, so let it be DONE!! grin.gif

Got a call today that said my trailer was ready to be picked up down in El Mirage, soooo.......thought I might have breakfast with y'all on the 27th....Would like to make the ride, but kinda hard to pull that trailer back behind the RT. grin.gif

Hope to get into Phx area Tuesday evening- looking for a halfway decent motel near the restaurant...any tips from the locals? Wish I could stay for the bash afterwards but must be back to Baja Northfork Wed evening....Looking forward to DV....

There's an older motel at the Black Bear and I can't speak for it at all. But there's some more know quantities in a new Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn Express just a mile to the west on Litchfield - these are just north of the freeway. This time of year probably upwards of $100 + a night. Along I10 toward Phx there's most anything you'd want.

Black Bear Diner it is at 08:00 hours on December 27th! clap.gif

So let it be written, so let it be DONE!! grin.gif

So let it be typed, so let it be done!!!

-Eff lmao.gif

There doesn't appear to be any campgrounds in the area. Is that correct?

Not right there, but there are plenty in the area. I am also more then happy to host a few people here at my house if you need a place to spend the night (or two). There is a culdesac at the top of my street that also can work as a parking spot for a night. We would need a long extension chord, but could make that work too!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

We would need a long extension chord, but could make that work too!

Extension cord for WHAT?

If you were parking your RV. If you want to tent camp, then you can sleep in my garage! lmao.gif

Hey Fellas,

If anyone has a Canon digital cam battery charger, please bring it. I have a Canon SD500 and forgot my charger on this trip. Would LOVE to charge up over breakfast.

-Eff

If you were parking your RV. If you want to tent camp, then you can sleep in my garage! lmao.gif

I had forgottent that this group is not particularly camping oriented. My bad.

I had forgottent that this group is not particularly camping oriented. My bad.

I still have one extra room (Heck got dibs on the 1st guest room or as we are now calling it The "King Richard Suite"). So if you want, that can be your good.

Merry Christmas,

Kaisr

If it is not too late, Joan and I would like to attend the Apres Ride get get together. Are we still meeting at Black Bear this Wed? Have been off line and have not read all the new posts. And, Merry Christmas to all!

I still have one extra room (Heck got dibs on the 1st guest room or as we are now calling it The "King Richard Suite"). So if you want, that can be your good.

Merry Christmas,

Kaisr

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to pass. It seems that there is too much I have to get done before the end of the year in order to keep my customers happy. Drats. It's such a nice riding month; I really hate to pass up on anything. It's probably for the best. This OF would probably put a damper on the group ride. After all, the chicken strip on my rear tire is almost 3/8". I'm definitely not getting my money's worth out of Winter Rear Tire #1. Yes, I think I'm going to go through two rear tires this winter. Sigh...

Ride Safe.

WAAAHHHH!!!

bncry.gif

-Eff wave.gif

Yeah, what he said! bncry.gif

Well, I'm almost ready to get on the road . . . . wink.gif

We'll see you in a few hours, Chris! wave.gif

Archived