IGNORED

1st Annual Gilbert, AZ HOV Lane M/C Tour, Dec. 27 or 28, 2006!

KMG_365

The Black Bear Diner in Avondale (they call it Goodyear??) is FAR better for breakfast than all the above mentioned.
The boundry between the two cities is roughly Dysart, so by being located on the west side of the street it is Goodyear. grin.gif

Used to go there a lot when it was called something else...haven't been in recently. There's also an IHOP and a Bob's with an all you can eat breakfast bar close by. Lots of choices.

You make the choice so we all know where to meet and eat.
Can do...Lets see how many we have which will help make the decision. I'll let everyone know it a bit.
Nice route. The Bagdad road is short, but a real hoot. Lots of whoop-de-do's and quick, blind corners. Very little traffic, but easy to get in trouble if you don't pay very close attention to what you're doing.

The weather usually is pretty good that time of year, but you never know. If the high country is getting snow or ice, as an alternative we could head east to Superior, south on 177 to Winkleman, north on 77 to Globe, east on 60 all the way back to Phoenix, or a side trip up 188 to Roosevelt Lake.

Wow, You are all going to have so much fun on this ride. This is home to me. I just wish that I could be there with you all. bncry.gif I have family in Bagdad, yes a fun little road from Prescott 96 into Bagdad. Be careful on 97 over to 93, this road has some blind corners at the top of hills after you come out of the washes and dips. If there has been rain watch for the sand in the dips. 96 and 97 is a fun road. thumbsup.gif If you all go East to 177 and 77 up over to Globe, on 177 the town of Kearny is where I went to high school. If you take this route and it's close to lunchtime at the juncation of 177 & 77 @ Winkelman go south 21 miles to the town of Mammoth and try the La Casita mexican restaurant. It will be on the southwest edge of town top of the hill with a nice paved parking lot. Have a good ride. thumbsup.gif TNT Richard

I'm planning on being there. If there is anyone from the Tucson area who would like to ride up together, give me shout (PM). I'll also plan on being at the breakfast. I'll have 3 working days left to retirement so it will be a celebration for me, even though I'll have to fly back to VA to outprocess. Looking forward to it.

I have an extra bedroom and plenty of floor/couch space for any of you Tucson guys that don't want to ride back South until the next morning.

Kaisr

I have an extra bedroom and plenty of floor/couch space for any of you Tucson guys that don't want to ride back South until the next morning.

Kaisr

How about for a local guy who just bought another bike without first consulting his wife about the matter?

001S.jpg

--

Mikko

Kaisr

I want you to know you are welcome to leave the bike in my garage lmao.gif

Tom

How about for a local guy who just bought another bike without first consulting his wife about the matter?

001S.jpg

--

Mikko

I plan on being IN. If we're going to have breakfast first, would it be better to meet earlier than 9:00? A 9:00 breakfast could mean we won't get on the road before 10:00 or 10:30. And what is the official day?

001S.jpg

--

Mikko

Reminds me of a link to a legitimate ad on eBay a couple months ago for a near new motorcycle. The guy said he had to sell it to stay married. He added that apparently “you do what the hell you want” didn’t mean what he thought it meant.

Yes, breakfast would be at 8:00AM with the ride starting afterward. I think that although Gleno probably won't make it, his suggestion of the Black Bear Diner works as good as any. Simple to find, get off I10 at Dysart, turn left (south) on Dysart under the freeway and its just on your right.

Who I have so far:

Les_is_more

KMG_365

chrisolson

azkaisr

Effervescent

Bill Spurgeon

George_LT

PhillyFlash

FlyingFinn

johnlt

Also remember there is an after ride get together at my house with food and beverage for those so inclined...or not grin.gif

Sure did. It's a used 2005 650.

Something along the lines of "I though you we going to keep less bikes, not more of them". Followed by one of those Marge Simpson "hmmmmm..." sounds.

So it's Black Bear Diner at 8AM on the 27th, correct?

This is gonna be fantastic. I land the 20th and fly out the 28th. Visiting my folks. Fully intend to climb Camelback Mountain first thing Xmas morning, if anyone's interested.

I have talked with a few helpful folks regarding a bike loan. I don't need anything fancy, at all. Unfortunately, they were too far to make it practical.

If anyone has an option within say an hour or two, please PM me. Otherwise, I'll simply rent a bike for a day or two. No big sweat.

Can't wait, Folks. clap.gif

Les, Santi left something under my tree for ya!

-Eff

YES. According to Chris:

Yes, breakfast would be at 8:00AM with the ride starting afterward. I think that although Gleno probably won't make it, his suggestion of the Black Bear Diner works as good as any. Simple to find, get off I10 at Dysart, turn left (south) on Dysart under the freeway and its just on your right.

And if you can't find, borrow or rent a bike, at least bring your helmet and you can ride BeeYotch on the back of Maynard! lmao.gif

YES. According to Chris:

And if you can't find, borrow or rent a bike, at least bring your helmet and you can ride BeeYotch on the back of Maynard! lmao.gif

We will find you a bike. lmao.gif

Dang, Dang, Dang! I live out there for three years, no ride. Now I move and you have a Arizona ride. Is there some connection???

But, in honor of your HOV ride I promise to ride in the Virgina HOV 3 Lanes. I will be thinking of all of you and how you waited until I moved to have the ride. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

It's not too late to move back, Bob!!!

Let's see . . . "It's the night before Christmas, and kicking you out of your house, was the Landlord named Bob, a sap of a mouse!"

I don't think my renters would care for me kicking them out during the holidays! lmao.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

You forgot to add the rest...

The moving boxes were stacked by the garage with great care

Because a hoard of mad Hoons Demand Bob to be there..

The Renters were restless because stuck in their heads

Were visions of Hoons passing their slow moving sleds

And Mamma Hoon in her ‘kerchief and Eff in his cap

Had just pulled back on the reins to avoid that speed trap.

Now get out here! lmao.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Wow, you're a poet and probably didn't even know it!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

wave.gifwave.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Wow, you're a poet and probably didn't even know it!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

wave.gifwave.gif

Don't make me change my Avitar to this

Fokker_DR1_Triplane_250w.jpg

Beware the Hun in the Sun you know wave.gif

Don't make me change my Avitar to this

Fokker_DR1_Triplane_250w.jpg

Beware the Hun in the Sun you know wave.gif

Hold that thought, I need to get some root beer and roust Woodstock out of bed!!!

All ye beware the dogfight in the skies of DV!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The powers what is, say NO days off that week. Seems most of the krew is off for the whole week, and I get to man the shop.

Have fun, Enjoy...Raise hell. thumbsup.gif

Gee- at the risk of having this post moved to a different thread, confused.gif I might be down there picking up my new trailer around that time....Mebbe see ya all for breakfast. thumbsup.gif

Gee- at the risk of having this post moved to a different thread, confused.gif I might be down there picking up my new trailer around that time....Mebbe see ya all for breakfast. thumbsup.gif

There'll be some 1150RTs on this ride. Ya might wanna stick around with that trailer. grin.gifgrin.gif

Yes! One of those unreliable pieces of crap has 120,000+ miles on the clock and the original tranny--one wheel in the grave and the other wheel on a banana peel. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(Oh please, oh please, no jinx!) dopeslap.gif

Someone create a design that I can use to print the CD covers.

An HOV sign?

An AZ scenic backdrop?

"1st Annual Gilbert, AZ HOV Lane M/C Tour, Dec. 27, 2007" as text?

-Eff

Well when I get it, there will be room for 3 of those Unreliable POC........Mine and 2 others. Oh yeah, mine will be home- no way to get it over there....so, Room for 3!!!

In case of jinx..........

This might work for breakfast- then can go over to Haulmark and pick up the trailer..(Of course it will have to be ready to pick up by then......scheduling and all....)

Hmm...

smirk.gif

Ah..as they say.. "Don't challenge worse"..

OK, so far it looks like...

Les_is_more

KMG_365

chrisolson

azkaisr

Effervescent

Bill Spurgeon

George_LT

Unknown:

PhillyFlash

AZJerry

FlyingFinn

knuc04

BillAllenR1150RT

johnlt

There is an option on the table of a pre-ride breakfast. Location would be in Avondale, aprox time would be 8AM if we're doing Vulture Mine / Bagdad / Prescott. Thoughts?

It looks like I'm out. I've got a jobsite visit I have to make this week ($$).

No problem Bill...

RECAP:

OK, breakfast at the Black Bear Diner at 8:00AM (get off I10 at Dysart, turn left - south - on Dysart under the freeway and its just on your right) with the ride starting afterward.

Who I have so far:

Les_is_more

KMG_365

chrisolson

azkaisr

Effervescent

Bill Spurgeon

George_LT

PhillyFlash

FlyingFinn

johnlt

Also remember there is an after ride get together at my house with food and beverage for those so inclined...or not. If you do plan to visit a bit, please rsvp here or PM or email so I have enough Olson's Famous shreded beef green chili and Mexico City white rice for all.

Thanks

Someone create a design that I can use to print the CD covers.

An HOV sign?

Hi Eff! It might be too late, but "Signman" made us all stickers for the ride that look like those HOV signs! He must still have the artwork. Perhaps he can send it to you!

Just in case my plans change....

I'm having the hardest time finding out what DAY this event is. I have no problems finding out what time and at what exit and at what restaurant. I just can't seem to find the day anywhere.

Or is that an intentional secret?

grin.gif

Hi Eff! It might be too late, but "Signman" made us all stickers for the ride that look like those HOV signs! He must still have the artwork. Perhaps he can send it to you!

Oopsie...saw this too late. I whipped up a nice cover. 20 CDs produced.

See you Folks soon!

-Eff

The eagle has landed. Or, rather, the big shiny silver bird. A warm...49 degrees...when we touched down.

Off to gawk at Ducatis at Scottsdale BMW.

-Eff

Archived