IGNORED

Ztechnik windshield

Dan M

Looks good. What company did you order it from: have a link? I'm interested. I never CAN get the windshield height correct on my 01 R1100RT. I can't see OVER the dang windshield if I raise the thing high enough to control turbulence. So I play with it constantly: down low for the twisties, high for the freeway. Schizophrenia! dopeslap.gif

Yep, put one on last friday. Best shield I've ever sat behind. thumbsup.gif

Bought mine a couple weeks ago from Bob's BMW. I really like it. Gives good coverage and moves the rough air off of the side of my helmet. Hey ! It quiet back there! Best windscreen I've ever ridden behind. thumbsup.gifJP

Put one on my 2002 R1150RT a month ago. I think (can't tell for sure 'cause I don't remember with the stock) that there is a bit more turbulence at my elbows but there's definitely less on my torso & head. It also seems to have a better effect in running the air over my helmet as I can actually feel air flowing in the top vents. I'm 5'9" and when the Vstream is up I could be sitting behind a door (except my elbows) the air is that still. The shield is crystal clear too -- optically correct -- so there's no real issue in sitting behind it vs. leaving the top edge just under my line of vision.

Jim

any 6'4" riders with seat jacks tried it? i use a cee bailey with saeng lip but i have to run it pretty high and i still get side turbulence.

thnx

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this as far as user reviews?

I curently have a Cee Bailey Euro cut 3.5" which has been fine, but I get hit at the top of the helmet, no matter how high the shield is placed. (I'm 6ft with taller body and 30" inseam) The 4.5" I think would be too much, any comments?

Also my 2004 RT has the smaller spacing for the 2001-2003, would the Ztechnik fit? I didn't see any reference to the older model on Ztechnic website.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'm 6 ft with my seat on the highest setting, and currently have a Cee Bailey Euro +2, and don't want to go any higher because it would be too high with the windshield all the way down.

Would really like feedback on the Ztechnik, 'cause it looks VERY good, and the promise of moving everything 4 inches out sure sounds good....

As for sizes, it's 21.5 inches wide and 17 inches high ... not sure how that compares to the stock, but I thought the stock RT windshield was around 14 inches....

Have been using one for a few months on my '03 R1150RT. My other windscreens are an Aeroflow and a stock screen.

Z vs. Aero - a bit quieter around the helmet area but more turbulence/air flow to the arms. For now, I'm keeping both (plus a stock screen to which I gave a 2 inch haircut). For the dead of winter, I'll use the Aeroflow; for the dead of summer (where I am, that means 90 degree days), I'll use the trimmed stock screen. From 40 degrees to 80 degress, the Z.

Truth be told, if I had to pick one and only one, the Aeroflow still wins for me.

How does the height of the Z compare to the Aero? How 'bout the width of the two? I'm going to go with either the Aero or the Ztechnik, so again I very much appreciate your feedback.

What seat position do you ride in? I'm in the heighest position to make it more comfortable on my knees, so that's one reason I'm thinking taller would be better.

How does the height of the Z compare to the Aero? How 'bout the width of the two? I'm going to go with either the Aero or the Ztechnik, so again I very much appreciate your feedback.

What seat position do you ride in? I'm in the heighest position to make it more comfortable on my knees, so that's one reason I'm thinking taller would be better.

Height of Z vs. Aeroflow is the same but the Aeroflow is wider than the Z (Z is comparable to the stock windscreen). I'm 5'10" and ride with the seat in the middle position.

Archived