IGNORED

Lowering my RT

Eckhard Grohe

Eckhard Grohe

I want to lower my bike and I am looking to start with 1' lower. What brands are the most flexible for this???

Can I have the shocks modified to lower it more later??? Or raised again???

Has anyone done business with Kyle Racing??? They are selling Ohlins shocks for $1195.

I think the best known supplier of custom lowering shocks is Works Performance. Don't forget that when you lower the bike you have to modify the side stand and the center stand.

My friend Jim just lowered his 1200rt with "Works" but said after talking with others he would have gone with "Wilburs" instead due to more adjustability.

I want to lower my bike and I am looking to start with 1' lower.
I was going to do that when I got my RT (I've got a 30" inseam). I found that a Wunderlich Low Ergo seat lets me sit low enough that I can now flat foot without a problem and I've decided to hold off on the shocks until I need new ones. With the seat I don't give up cornering clearance or need to futz with the stands. You might want to think about that option too. The seat is about $400 IIRC and you can find them used too.

Jim

I'm with Digger Jim. I got the Wunderlich low seat, and it makes a difference. I'd probably still go 1/2" lower - I think Wilbers makes such - except for the problem I'd then have with the center stand. Also, it might be a problem for resale. So, I'm planning on leaving as stock.

Archived