IGNORED

Red means go.....

SC_SVRider

On our way down to see Gleno and the group in Atlanta, GA, Shawn proved once again that he is the master of surprising me. He led me to believe that we would be stopping at Chris Kinney’s house to drop off our trailer because Chris needed it for “something”. Since I had never been to Chris’s house, Shawn’s plan fell right into place.

He even went so far as to put the address we were going to into the GPS labeled as Chris’s House. We pulled onto the street and started looking for the address. We couldn’t find it so, I suggested calling Chris. He said, “I can’t.” I was thinking… ok why not? He started fumbling with the GPS again trying to figure out what the address was supposed to be. The next thing I know, he was grabbing the phone and getting out of the truck. A few minutes later he got back in and said, “We passed it.” We turned around and parked in front of this beautiful Victorian house.

We got out walk up to the back of the house. I expected to see Chris walking out of the back of the house, but instead I see a man I had never met before. Shawn said to him, “She doesn’t know about this yet…” The next thing I see is the garage door opening and a Red SV650 with a balloon tied to it. Shawn say’s, “So, do you like your new SV650?”

UH WHAT?? eek.gif

So, I am now the proud owner of a RED 2000 SV650. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

92881702-M.jpg

I am a very lucky woman to have such a wonderful man in my life. He went through such trouble to make sure that everything went through with out a hitch; that I would be surprised. He called in some favors to make sure the bike was up to par, and something that I would be happy with since he couldn’t make the trip to test it out himself. Thank you Shawn, for being the kind, loving, supportive man that you are!

I also want to thank everyone involved in making this happen. thumbsup.gif

Not only were we able to see Gleno and the gang again, but I also picked up another motorcycle in the process. What a GREAT Labor Day weekend! clap.gif

Whoo Hoo, nice bike clap.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gif

The owner of my local Italian bike shop says that the Suzuki motor is almost as good as a Morini - which is the highest praise I have ever heard him utter grin.gif

Enjoy the Bike Rainy thumbsup.gif

Congrats! thumbsup.gif

I really enjoyed my SV for the 3 years I had it. If I didn't want something more capable for riding 2-up and taking off the pavement, and if it fit Heidi better, we'd probably still have it. Here's a pic with Heidi from one of our trips:

10944435-M.jpg

Now, get out and ride that thing and let us know what you think of it!

Thanks everyone! I am definitely looking forward to putting some miles on this bike! thumbsup.gif

I still have the R1100R for long distance riding. The 650 will be for more of the shorter distance (city and mountain) riding in the area.

hmmmm.. I wonder if there is a way to expand the garage. dopeslap.gif It's getting a little crowded in there. clap.giflmao.gif

Heeeeeeey wait a minute, I didn't know women were allowed to have more than one bike at a time. Boy oh boy does Gary have some explaning to do when he gets home. Rainy, you are one lucky puppy. Congratulations on a beautiful addition to the family.

Joe Frickin' Friday
92881702-M.jpg

SWEET ride. cool.gif Congrats! Got plans for the R-bike? Keeping it, or letting it go?

He even went so far as to put the address we were going to into the GPS labeled as Chris’s House. We pulled onto the street and started looking for the address. We couldn’t find it so, I suggested calling Chris. He said, “I can’t.” I was thinking… ok why not? He started fumbling with the GPS again trying to figure out what the address was supposed to be. The next thing I know, he was grabbing the phone and getting out of the truck.

Ha! That explains the phone call I got on Sunday afternoon. grin.gif Somewhere in that conversation he figured out how to get the actual address from the waypoint on the GPS.

...with a balloon tied to it.

lmao.gif Nice touch!

Hope you enjoy the SV more than the KZ400 "clown bike." lmao.gif You gonna find some luggage for it, or keep it narrow and fast?

SWEET ride. cool.gif Congrats! Got plans for the R-bike? Keeping it, or letting it go?

Keeping the R-bike. I have to have something to get me to Torrey again! thumbsup.gif

Ha! That explains the phone call I got on Sunday afternoon. grin.gif Somewhere in that conversation he figured out how to get the actual address from the waypoint on the GPS.

Yah. I found out later he called you to help with finding out the address info. grin.gif It's amazing how he kept it all from me. dopeslap.gif

Hope you enjoy the SV more than the KZ400 "clown bike." lmao.gif You gonna find some luggage for it, or keep it narrow and fast?

Hey, don't knock the "clown bike", it served it's purpose! lmao.gif Probably wont get any bags for it, I'll probably use it more for just mountain/city riding. I have to have something to practice the Riding Smart stuff on. wink.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gif

OK, I know I'm getting older and my eyes ain't what they were cool.gif, but I just spent an hour trying to find the balloon hidden in the picture. dopeslap.gif

I give up.

Oh, BTW, congrats on a great relationship thumbsup.gif

and a beautiful ride. clap.gif

OK, I know I'm getting older and my eyes ain't what they were cool.gif, but I just spent an hour trying to find the balloon hidden in the picture. dopeslap.gif

I give up.

Oh, BTW, congrats on a great relationship thumbsup.gif

and a beautiful ride. clap.gif

An hour huh? I guess I should have mentioned that this picture was one that I took once we got it home. blush.gif Shawn forgot to bring the camera, so we don't have any of the balloon on the bike. tongue.gif

So...Where's Waldo? eek.giflmao.gif

Lone_RT_rider
:o Shawn forgot to bring the camera, so we don't have any of the balloon on the bike. tongue.gif

Ummmm dear, lest we forget the real purpose of our visit to ATL? Was it not to visit and have dinner with GLENO? Therefore how was it JUST my responsibility to bring the camera? I think we both forgot the camera! crazy.gifgrin.giflmao.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn wrong response! Right response " yes dear I'm sorry" crazy.gif

Sorry....we passed the point of 1950's based relationship building in my family a long time ago. smile.gif

Shawn

Heeeeeeey wait a minute, I didn't know women were allowed to have more than one bike at a time. Boy oh boy does Gary have some explaning to do when he gets home

I have two bikes too...time to have a little chat with your hubby!! grin.gif

Cool new bike, Rainy!!! I've always liked the SV. Looks like a fun little bike (and I love it in red!)

Not sure though - should you should worry about how well Shawn keeps stuff from you? grin.gif

Enjoy the new ride! cool.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Not sure though - should you should worry about how well Shawn keeps stuff from you? grin.gif

What stuff? I dont know about any stuff .... grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

So Shawn, we all know that you have a heart of gold, and that Rainy is the love of your life. But inquiring minds want to know, did buying the bike get you 1)out of the dog house, or 2) that new toy that you want. You don't have to to say it out loud, just have your avatar wink or something. lmao.gif

But inquiring minds want to know, did buying the bike get you 1)out of the dog house, or 2) that new toy that you want.

Nope, no dog house. He can buy as many new toys as he wants, no worries here (even before the new bike) grin.gif

I have just wanted an SV650 for a while and he is sweet like that. wink.gifthumbsup.gif

Although HE did forget the camera... eek.giflmao.gif j/k!!!

Congrats Rainy! I just saw this (yeah, I'm a slacker dopeslap.gif) and just to add more to the story, Shawn has been working on this for quite a while.

After RidingSmart a couple months back, he expressed interest in Stephen's (my Son) SV650, but ultimately decided that yours had to be RED. Well, he kept looking and it looks like he found a gorgous bike.

Again, congratulations on the new bike. It's a great ride. thumbsup.gif

Very sweet story. I just want to know, when we invade the Greer homestead again, what gets moved out of the garage to make room for the guests' machines? Right, Shawn's bikes!

Randy

Archived