IGNORED

March Gathering in the Texas Hill Country?

David

For the romantically inclined, River Run B&B (run by Ron and Jean Williamson) has 6 lovely rooms (with two person jacuzzi's!!) around $100 per night plus. They are on Francisco Lemos street right by the River River Run

They are also rider friendly!

Things change in 5 months, but right now, I'm IN!

$80, though? Too rich for my blood. I just booked at the Super 8 for $44/night with my VIP Card rate. I stayed there in late February on my swing back through from my Texas and Louisiana trips after my second, long rainy day (early on in that day, in heavy rain in Beaumont, a pickup when spinning out across the road in front of me and the other 3 lanes of traffic.) Anyhow, it's not a spectacular place, but it was quite livable by my standards and right on the row of hotels there on Sidney Baker.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in Johnson City, our family dairy farm was in Blanco. I have not been back there since 1998. I'd like to come. Hope to see everybody there

• 3 weeks later...
The central gathering point for the 2004 Hill Country Ride will be the Hampton Inn, in Kerrville, Texas. There is a block of rooms reserved under the name of Hill Country Ride at a flat $80 rate.

Looking to crash the party! But I have a question: I just called the Hampton, and a nice gentleman with a Mideast accent quoted me $99. confused.gif

He had Greg's name and all.. but wasn't budging off his number. Is there someone I should speak with regarding the group rate? tongue.gif

Hey Denny,

That's a surprise. Let me give them a call today and see what's up.

BTW, for anyone else that is checking in about the ride in the spring, please use the website (currently under construction). I'll ask Peter to add it to the scheduled events list in a couple of weeks.

For those of us of a more frugal persuasion, you may check http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/kerrvill/kerrvill.htm for camping.

This park is 4.4 miles from downtown Kerrville, and I know that I will have a vehicle available, and perhaps Kevin G will too, and we could shuttle back and forth as needed. That way we can gather anywhere, have a couple of brews w/o worrying about the ride back to the camp.

• 1 month later...

This will be my first event so not sure what to expect, but looking forward to meeting ya'll. Got a room at the Super8.

Hope it's warmer then than it is today. tongue.gif

Yeeha! Stephen

"Have you ever seen those "Girls Gone Wild" Video's"

I wish! shocked.gif

If I remember right, the last couple of times, I've been sacked out by 10:00 or 10:30. crazy.gif

Yeeha! Stephen
This will be my first event so not sure what to expect

Actually it's kinda like this:

Roll into town.

See RTs, wonder if they're here for the ride.

Ride into parking lot, bikes already here, "Am I late?"

Everyone comes over. "So you're Yeeha! Stephen. Nice bike, did you just wash it?"

"No, I always keep it this clean. Is this everyone? Who else is coming? When do we eat? Where we goin'?"

"Mexican or BBQ?"

"Don't care."

Park, get off, don't check in first - just start lookin' a bikes.

"I see you've got this, and that, and those. Where'd you get this, that , those. How they workin' for you? Like 'em?"

"When do we eat?"

Later... "Where we ridin'? Fast guys or slow?"

"I'm goin' with the slow guys. ANY SLOW GUYS WANNA GO WITH ME?"

Break out maps.

"Let's go here. Let's go there. This way is nice if you like X. That way is nice if you like Y."

"When do we eat?"

And it goes on and on till time to go home.

"Nice meeting you guys."

"See ya' at ____________."

"E-mail me some of the photos you're takin' all weekend?"

"We gonna stop and eat on the way home?"

Well, that's the way I see it anyway! tongue.gif

Count me in. At least, I hope to be in, however in my line of work I never know for sure until it's go time. I'm booked at the Super 8. Lookin' forward to meeting ya'll.

Count me in. At least, I hope to be in, however in my line of work I never know for sure until it's go time. I'm booked at the Super 8. Lookin' forward to meeting ya'll.

The anticipation is far better than the reality! smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg! We're thinking really hard about making this one! It will only cost me one day off! smile.gif BTW, I'm having problems loading your website. It seems to get stuck in a loop.

Anyone got a double queen room at the Hampton who wants to share with the likes of Les and me? Otherwise we'll get something close by. Can't wait! Getting excited! smile.gif

Thanks for the heads-up about the site. My ecomm site was down yesterday too, so it just wasn't my day. I’ll check into it.

Look for a new post about the Friday and Saturday dinner plans. I’ll put that one up in a week or so.

The shots below were taken last weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day in the low 70’s. I headed out to take a lot of pictures, and to see if I could show up Eric on the picture taking tongue.gif, but just couldn’t get off the bike more than a couple of times. I was just having too much fun.

This is 337 on the way to Leakey

large.jpg

25599258.jpg

This was taken outside of Wimberley

25599213.jpg

FLIronButtRider

Well, I finally broke down and requested time off from work for this but there are 3 folks ahead of me on the waiting list so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Hopefully some folks will change their mind between now and then.

I might have to come to phx and ride back with youse guys. grin.gif

So, Marty, we'll see you for a couple of miles, and then.... grin.gif

Yeah, I've ridden with Marty in that fashion, too! There he is and then there he isn't! smile.gif

Howad/Tool, Russell is riding out. He and I are rooming together. Not sure when he's leaving, though. Knowing him, it'll be just one long day.

AdventurePoser

Hello Boys, I missed you....

Just booked a room at the Super 8 in Kerrville. Am looking forward to having dinner with anyone who can attend Friday night.

After dinner, a catnap, and I'm on a fast rip back to LA!! cool.gif

Steve

ps-I hope BBQ figures into the equation. I keep hearing about how good it is...I've always figured Texas cuisine is a cheese sandwich and a six pack! blush.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

If one of you would show me how to get into 4th gear I might be able to keep up. tongue.gifgrin.gif

I really think it's great having the whole area named after me. wink.gifgrin.gif

Our Russell? The infamous Russell "I don't need no stinkin' throw out bearing" Bynum is going, too? Too cool!! cool.gif

Hope we can all hook up for the ride out there together. There's some fine twisties on I-10 that I just can't wait to hit. grin.gif

Our Russell? The infamous Russell "I don't need no stinkin' throw out bearing" Bynum is going, too? Too cool!! cool.gif

Hope we can all hook up for the ride out there together. There's some fine twisties on I-10 that I just can't wait to hit. grin.gif

If those are the same twisties I rode recently, you could do them at 100+ and not even have your hands on the bars! smile.gif

I hope BBQ figures into the equation. I keep hearing about how good it is...I've always figured Texas cuisine is a cheese sandwich and a six pack!

Kerrville has three BBQ restaurants with names like Buzzie's, Big Earl's and Bill's. Within 20 miles there are another 5. How does Cranky Franks sound? smile.gif In Texas we take our BBQ serious but obviously not the names for our restaurants. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

AdventurePoser

Hmmm,,I gotta get out there when I have a little more time. You boys and I could do a mini "in search of...the best BBQ!"

See you all in Kerrville.

Steve

food_bbqmapbig.jpg

Kerrville has three BBQ restaurants with names like Buzzie's, Big Earl's and Bill's. Within 20 miles there are another 5. How does Cranky Franks sound? smile.gif In Texas we take our BBQ serious but obviously not the names for our restaurants. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I'm just returning from my trip to the Hill Country. Those who haven't been there are in for a treat. Dex and I hit some really nice roads, but ask Dex about 336 (I think), lots of construction and missing sections of pavement. We both though we bent our rims on one spot.

AdventurePoser
I'm just returning from my trip to the Hill Country. Those who haven't been there are in for a treat. Dex and I hit some really nice roads, but ask Dex about 336 (I think), lots of construction and missing sections of pavement. We both though we bent our rims on one spot.

Hmm...sounds like riding in Alaska!

1458930.jpg

See ya!

Steve in So Cal

That's great Jamie! You're going to love the roads. Like Mark said, we just got back. I took a few days off this week and we went and rode the long loop that Greg has on his website. Even though it was a bit wet, we both really enjoyed it. Mark is going to post a ride tale of his complete trip from Atlanta and back and will have some more details.

Archived