IGNORED

Hot Grips, Stuck Throttle

Bud

What's the deal with my bike. Turn the grips on to high last night and the throttle won't return. Stays on. Can move it back by hand. NOT GOOD!

Help, answers, suggestions, I don't knows, anyone, anyone???

Not a terminal problem it just needs adjusting!

You need to move the multifunction end a tad away from the handlebar end weight. There needs to be a space of about the thickness of a credit card between the end weight and the twist grip/throttle tube assembly to allow for expansion.

Are yours factory fitted?

I had this with my RS, but I'd fitted aftermarket grips myself. They were tight to get on and I had to file down the OEM ridges below the rubber handgrip.

Would stick constantly once any level of warmth got into them. Cut them off the following saturday and fitted the handgaurds from the GS. Much more effective.

Not a terminal problem it just needs adjusting!

You need to move the multifunction end a tad away from the handlebar end weight. There needs to be a space of about the thickness of a credit card between the end weight and the twist grip/throttle tube assembly to allow for expansion.

Ditto on that. Just had it happen on my new F650GS. Just slide the assembly AWAY from the bar end weight. thumbsup.gif

If you have a problem with loosening and moving the whole throttle/switch assembly, you can unbolt the bar end weight and put a washer on the bolt between the weight and the handlebar end to separate it a bit.

If you have a problem with loosening and moving the whole throttle/switch assembly, you can unbolt the bar end weight and put a washer on the bolt between the weight and the handlebar end to separate it a bit.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived