IGNORED

R12RT PIAA 1100X EZ-Mount Fender Rub

EDO

I mounted the PIAA 1100X's tucked up under the oil cooler on the EZ-Mounts from Cycle Gadgets - they look great and work great - However, the black plastic portion of my front fender (right behind the body colored beak) has some scratch marks on it which correlate to the bottom of my PIAAs. I noticed while looking at some pictures from when I was riding Deals Gap that the clearance is real tight under ceratin speed and cornering conditions - Has anyone else seen this, anyone have a fix?

Thanks -

I just (today, actually) mounted a pair of PIAA 1200's on the EZ-mounts and noticed there's not much clearance when the wheel is turned to either side. I'm hoping it's not an issue but from your post it sounds like it might be.

This is common when mounting lights below the oil cooler on the R1100RT and R1150RT, and it sound like the issue carries forward to the R1200RT. Not much you can do about it. The body work was designed with the total front suspension travel in mind, and lights there reduce the clearance available.

PIAA do a 1100X Multi-fit kit which, according to their literature, covers the R1200RT. This mounts the lights to the front mudguard (fender) fixing bolts, using two alloy arms supplied in the kit. I've not seen them mounted and my local BMW Dealer felt that these attachment points may not be man enough for the job. However it is an alternative to the under headlight position. Has anyone out there used this fitting?

PIAA do a 1100X Multi-fit kit which, according to their literature, covers the R1200RT. This mounts the lights to the front mudguard (fender) fixing bolts, using two alloy arms supplied in the kit. I've not seen them mounted and my local BMW Dealer felt that these attachment points may not be man enough for the job. However it is an alternative to the under headlight position. Has anyone out there used this fitting?

57751329.jpg

You can purchase them here.

Many thanks - good pic! I guess these are very similar to the PIAA mounts - hiding the wires up the forks must take some care to make a neat and tidy installation. thumbsup.gif

Archived