IGNORED

97 R1100RT Gas Mileage

Bud

Olla Senor Bud,

Historically, I was pleased with my '98 RT's 50 mpg while riding in northern NM; now in eastern MA, I'm in the 40 mph club too. At least the price per gallon has dropped 10 % recently.

Adios,

Wooster

"Glacier Green Metalic, slow/fast, beautiful/ugly, it's mine"

BTW, looking closely at your thumbnail, I see some gas guzzeling blue tie downs; lose those and mpg may improve.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Oxygenated fuel there in the Land of Lincoln?

On normal gasoline I expect low 40's; any alcohol blend is going to lower it from there.

Oxygenated fuel there in the Land of Lincoln?

On normal gasoline I expect low 40's; any alcohol blend is going to lower it from there.

Good question. I bought some in St. Louis area and it "could" have been oxgenated. In Illinois, the nasty Governor via his stranglehold on the legislature (we have the best government money can buy as evidenced by the conviction of our former Gov) mandates corn gas everywhere in the state. frown.giffrown.gif

Olla Senor Bud,

Historically, I was pleased with my '98 RT's 50 mpg while riding in northern NM; now in eastern MA, I'm in the 40 mph club too. At least the price per gallon has dropped 10 % recently.

Adios,

Wooster

"Glacier Green Metalic, slow/fast, beautiful/ugly, it's mine"

BTW, looking closely at your thumbnail, I see some gas guzzeling blue tie downs; lose those and mpg may improve.

Of course you would notice the blue tie downs. But the bike was getting a gazillion MPG on the trailer> grin.gif

BTW How's the Capri 22 working out for you?

That corn gas is just wonderful isn't it? I understand conserving a resource. BUT, corn crap costs more, and test after test indicate upwards of a 25% decrease in mpg. Great, just great. By the way, my '99 gets mid 40's unless on ethanol, lucky to be at 40 with it.

Jerry Johnston

I always get 50mpg riding two up because I stay at the speed limit, however when riding solo I average about 46mpg at avg. speeds of 75-80.

Thw lowest I got on my '96 is 42 mpg. It has done 52 mpg riding two up at the speed limit. Today it was 47 mpg.

Are you pulling a sail behind it? tongue.gif

Thw lowest I got on my '96 is 42 mpg. It has done 52 mpg riding two up at the speed limit. Today it was 47 mpg.

Are you pulling a sail behind it? tongue.gif

No, the sail is in front helping me pull but kind of hard to see around. grin.gifgrin.gif

On my 97 RT I average around 40mpg while commuting to and from work. On a longer ride when I'm not playing in the twisties I can get almost 50mpg.

Depending on how you ride I wouldn't worry too much about your gas mileage.

My 2cents...

Dave

How does the gas rating effect milage? I've been putting in mid-grade and I only get 40 on the highway and 34 around town. Would a higher grade effect it?

Archived