IGNORED

Slaying The Dragon

Albert

OK "slaying's" a stretch but I did make it onto killboy.com during my trip to Tennessee for the Ride Smart class. This one's my favorite. What's not shown in the picture is the old couple in the 87 Buick directly in front of me cruising the dragon at all of 15 mph. When I rounded the bend I saw the camera man with tripod set up and a 5 billion mm lens ready to capture my every move as I devoured the corner. The picture is me shrugging as I crept by.

drag1wo8.jpg

Woooooooo! Lean angle! lmao.gif

I HATE it when I get on the dream curve/road/whatever and somebody doing negative MPH screws it up!

Woooooooo! Lean angle! lmao.gif

I HATE it when I get on the dream curve/road/whatever and somebody doing negative MPH screws it up!

I know what you mean but I can't complain too much. I did the dragon 3 times that weekend and this was the only time I got stuck behind someone. Coming home I hit it around 8am on a Sunday morning. There was a slight, sunfiltered fog hanging in the forest and the road was mine. I was more afraid of colliding with a bear than meeting another vehicle. thumbsup.gif

I probably would have bought one or two (there were five on the killboy site) but all of them were of me behind the old couple (although they aren't visible) so it was kind of comical. grin.gif

I've only been through the Gap once this year and the weather was so bad, it was the only Sunday in May that killboys didn't take pics. I had the Dragon to myself!

I hate getting caught behind slow traffic. Luckily I had a clear road when I went through the Gap this May. It's also the first time I ever saw Killboy out there. Sorry about the bike! smirk.gif Didn't get the RT till a couple of months later. thumbsup.gif

29041.JPG

29043.JPG

Joe Frickin' Friday

Killboy apparently has some assistant photogs working for him now. Earlier this month I was caught on two curves in a row heading north through the gap. Like you, KB himself caught me slogging along behind a minivan, so I waved at him. wave.gif Immediately after that curve I managed to pass the minivan and started trucking along again, only to find a whole gaggle of photographers at the next hairpin. Not my best Ridingsmart form (I can never remember to get my outboard thigh off of the saddle!), but the pics were still cool enough to buy:

736082-kb1.jpg

736083-kb2.jpg

736084-kb3.jpg

(and yes, I've replaced my headlight bulb now, thanks very much!)

cool.gif

OMG, Love these pictures! Thank you for posting them. I always wonder what I look like going around some of the corners up here on Rt. 1A at the beach. Based on my tires, I can see how far I've leaned wink.gif But that is nice for you to actually see what you look like.

Great pics!

-Felicia

'05 R1200ST

Man,

Those are some cool pictures. Mitch is that really you? If so you've been added to my list of people not to try and keep up with. At this rate If I ever get back to a bmwst.com event I'll only be able to ride by myself. tongue.gif

Stuck behind an old couple in a Buick, yeah I can use that one. grin.gif

cool.gifEvil G says, "We're always stuck behind something real or imagined." eek.gif

Great shots Mitch (maybe I can Photoshop me into that position lmao.gif). There were 2 guys set up the day my pictures were taken but the first guy didn't get any of me. Here's another one showing my operational headlights grin.gif.

drag3bd1.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
Great shots Mitch (maybe I can Photoshop me into that position lmao.gif).

That gives me an idea. I wonder if Stretch can maybe photoshop Baker's "Ridin' Smart" head onto my pics? lmao.gif

That gives me an idea. I wonder if Stretch can maybe photoshop Baker's "Ridin' Smart" head onto my pics?

Is this what you had in mind??? grin.gif

Nice legs blush.gif

92637323-M-1.jpg

You can tell it's a fake - "Shoei" is in reverse. Otherwise, I'd have never known. smile.gif

I cannot stop laughing at that picture while looking at it. Nicely done. lmao.gif

Never spilt a drop! grin.gif

We are going back up there next Saturday. We'll be spending a week in Maggie Valley. It'll be a 2 up trip so I'll have to take the "Couch Rocket" again. If you see me in your mirrors move over cause we're coming through! wink.gif

Archived