IGNORED

Plz steer me to detailed adjustments to Tech R259??

chrisstroh

Having trouble finding step by step ADJUSTMENTS after the installation on my 02 RT. I'm having some problems and their site doen't offer much. confused.gif

Thx!

Having trouble finding step by step ADJUSTMENTS after the installation on my 02 RT. I'm having some problems and their site doen't offer much. confused.gif

Thx!

Chris, first, MAKE SURE you have the factory CCP installed or it won't function correctly without a lot of fiddling..

If it still won't set up per instructions you might visit this web site ]http://www.dobeckperformance.com/forum/f...splaytype=flat]

Or better yet E-Mail or call their tech help line, they will do what ever it takes to work with you..

Twisty

Yeah, that forum seems to be a good source of info to get you straightened out. Make sure that any changes you do with your CCP are followed by pulling fuse 5 for a minute or so to reset the computer. I'll bet that is the first thing the tech will ask you about. Good luck and post results of how the bike rides before and after install. I have been looking into getting a Techlusion myself. Terry

Chris, here are my settings;

G-M

Y-E

R-1

C-E

It idles smoothly, & I have no surge in any gear, or at any RPM.

Hope this helps as a base-line for you. I know my settings are way different from those in the manual or on thier site, but after much fiddling, it's what works for my bike.

Be persistent & patient,& you'll find what works for you. thumbsup.gif

Thx Danny, but plz forgive me if I seem dense, but the figures you gave me don't make any sense. Shouldn't they be voltages any where from 0 to 5 volts DC? confused.gif What does M, E, or 1 mean?

Thx,

Chris

Another question, is their a particular procedure to dial this thing in? I mean do to start with say the cruise and change the settings slightly and ride it over and over till it runs right? Then go to the next mode resetting the ecu each time and pulling and installing the little pink bastard each time?

crazy.gifChris

Another question, is their a particular procedure to dial this thing in? I mean do to start with say the cruise and change the settings slightly and ride it over and over till it runs right? Then go to the next mode resetting the ecu each time and pulling and installing the little pink bastard each time?

crazy.gifChris

Chris, I have set 2 of the 259 units up on friends bikes one an 1100 & the other an 1150.. The 1100 had little surging so the settings were on the low side of the set up procedure.. The 1150 was a real surging problem in stock form so needed a fair amount of cruise fuel to take the surging out.. Owner is happy but his fule mileage has dropped measurably..

You won't have any problem finding the best settings on all but the RED top end fuel pot will be the most difficult if you don't have access to a chassis dyno.. Both I set upr were just left at recommended settings & the owners never ride them fast enough to tell if the are correct or not.. I ride my personal bike at full out (130mph range) a couple of times a week so if I were using a 259 on my bike I would tweak the red pot to get the highest MPH I could..

Twisty Techfuelsetup.jpg

Thx Danny, but plz forgive me if I seem dense, but the figures you gave me don't make any sense. Shouldn't they be voltages any where from 0 to 5 volts DC? confused.gif What does M, E, or 1 mean?

Thx,

Chris

The M, E, & 1 I indicate are markings on each dial. They're hard to read, so I have to use reading glasses. tongue.gif ( Go ahead & laugh, I don't mind.)

Twisty's post is the best for you if you don't have the instructions, as it is a direct copy of each dials function. And yes, I did a test ride after each adjustment, but I didn't remove/replace the CCP, & even their web-site says you don't need to as long as you're only chaanging the dial settings.

Thx Danny, but plz forgive me if I seem dense, but the figures you gave me don't make any sense. Shouldn't they be voltages any where from 0 to 5 volts DC? confused.gif

Chris, I have done a lot of trial & error, & you have to use a DVM (digital volt_ohm meter) to set this up.

The slightest movement on any of the 4 dial results in major voltage changes.

My settings are 1/2 of Factory recommendations. I just posted my settings do a search for my Name.

BTW I'm useing a olive CCP, which access a differant map.

45 mpg no-surge on a 2000 RT. thumbsup.gif

DaveyMac

Archived