IGNORED

Held Gloves: Online Source and Sizing

David

Any recommendation on where to buy them? Our town's never heard of them.

And how does their sizing compare?

Thanks much.

My favorite source for Held gloves is IndySuperbikes . I've purchased quite a few goodies from them and have been happy with every purchase. Their prices are some of the best I've found. After my first online purchase, I found that they happen to be only a few miles from my house, so if they treat you poorly I can go make sure they take care of things. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Regarding sizing, I've bought the Held Steve sport touring gloves and the Held Hawk gortex winter gloves. They compare in sizing to Olympia gloves.

David, I've used Derby Cycles for my last two Held purchases. Delivery was fast and the price was around 10% less that my local dealer. You can find them here.

If you haven't owned a pair, you'll be in for a real treat.

David, I bought my Held Steve gloves locally, and the place is now out of biz, so I can't recommend a good source. The numerical sizing system is pretty much spot on, though the gloves are, if anything, a wee bit snug when new.

If you don't have a size chart, you can find one on Aerostich's website.

If you haven't owned a pair, you'll be in for a real treat.

This will be my first pair, but I've seen several and been impressed with the quality.

David, I bought my Held gloves locally, when I lived near Mike, and the place is now out of biz (Trophy leathers, eh Mike?), so I can't recommend a good source either. +1 on the numerical sizing spot on thing. smirk.gif

I bought mine in person at Irv Sievers. The advice I got was "buy them tight" as they become like a second skin. And "you don't want that kangaroo skin wrinkling in your palm".

This is what I have

HERE are dealers within 250 miles of home. Go for a ride.

David,

I got my Held gloves (Steve model) from New Enough http://www.newenough.com/ but I'm not sure if they still carry them... In any case, these are very comfortable gloves and if you treat them a few times with waterproofing spray they will hold quite well in a "gentle" rain. The light part will rapidly discolorate and acquire a nice patina but my hands never got stained. The heat from the grips travels nicely to the hands so they are not super-isolated against the cold.

Regards

The advice I got was "buy them tight"
--this is good advice. I've found they feel tight across the top of my hand--not uncomfortably so, but a tightness you feel as you form a fist. They should feel too tight when you form a fist when new. A little sweat and a few rides later they will feel like that second skin Kathy refers to.

David,

I had a pair of Fighter but they tore at the "v" seam of the thumb and the index finger. My friend's however was fine so i figured it was a manufacturing defect. I returned it and upgraded to a Steve's. I could tell a difference and was glad that I did.

Currently, there is a sale at closeout. Happy shopping.

Thanks, folks. I ordered a pair of Held Galaxy racing gloves from Derby, as suggested above. Using the Aerostich sizing chart, I needed their largest size. Hopefully they'll fit--if not, I can return them.

David, we size people in Held Gloves daily. Be careful with Kangaroo-skin gloves. While incredibly tough and abrasion resistant, Kangaroo will stretch quite a bit. It may take a few weeks of use, but they WILL stretch.

With one glove on, open your hand wide (fingers together, thumb away, arching your palm). If you can pinch any leather anywhere in the palm (and by "pinch" I mean grab enough of it, usually at the meaty part of your palm, to pull it away from your hand, even slightly) then chances are that with use the gloves will soon stretch to the point where they're too big.

David, I would find a place to try them on. I've found that the sizes run all over the place (within the same size/style).

My problem with gloves is the length of the index finger and find that half of the ones I try aren't long enough. But, if I am able to try on several pair, I usually find one which is long enough.

If I mail ordered them, it would be the luck of the draw.

David, I would find a place to try them on.

I couldnt' find any in town, so mail order it is. Worst case? I exchange them. It can't take as many attempts as my Roadcrafter did. smile.gif

Thanks, folks. I ordered a pair of Held Galaxy...

I bought a pair of those about a month ago and I love 'em.

Like everyone recommends, a tight fit when new assures you a very comfortable glove after they've worn in a little.

If you can find a really understanding dealer, see if they will send you three pairs and allow you to return the two you don't want.

For future reference if anybody reads this, I normally wear size 11, but the Helds of that size were a tad large. They're swapping them post haste and for free.

I'm impressed with Derby Cycles to date.

Archived