IGNORED

Sad tale of woe!

Agent_Orange

Agent_Orange

Some times you eat the bear, some times the bear eats you. I had made reservations many months ago at the Apple Blossom Inn. Had the RA Rally planned to hit on the way. Looking good. Is not to be. While taking my Dept. mandated stress test I tore some lig. as well as screwing up the R/ankle. I was sure I could tough it out and make it. On the first visit the Doc. put me on a steriod pack and some vicos. Went back this Wed. with a ankle that was much less swollen , but still brought tears to my eyes when trying to walk, even with a fiberglass temp cast. Oh, had the MRI on Tues. Result was partially torn ligs on the out side of ankle,the result of calcium deposits from 40 some odd years trying to keep in shape. Lg toe joint shot, severe bone spurs, blah, blah, blah.Some of this I already knew,but seeing some of it on the MRI was a real kick in the foot. The Doc proceeded to mix up several drugs,asked me if I was OK?, and put a very long needle into the center of my ankle and said it would be much better in a few days. He was right, but I'm still not good enough[in my opinion] to ride. Called and e-mailed the RA folks so that they could give my ARC spot to someone. And just now cancelled my reservations at the AB Inn. frown.giffrown.gifSo as I sit here the only ray of light is ElPaseo in Nov. Yes I already have my reservations made. See y'all there. cool.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif

Ohh what a tale of woe. Sorry you won't be joining us in person, but stay near the board. Take care of yourself. See you down the road. smile.gif

Archived