IGNORED

transmission oil

A357man

I did at 6,000 and the oil looked and smelled fine. Amsoil was my replacement choice; the synthetic version 80W-90 weight. I did not notice any appreciable improvement in shifting when I switched to the synthetic

I switched over to the Amsoil synthetic in my '82 and the clunk shifting was redueced. If you put some between your fingers and rub you will feel the difference. I think it is slightly more "clingy" as a wetted surface. I did have to go back to regular dino juice for the differential as the ring gear tends to sling some out through the breather cap. This does not happen with dino juice hence my opinion on better cling.

The tranny on the 05/06 RT takes one quart. I just changed mine Saturday and it takes exactly one quart. Wow, can you believe it even comes in 1 quart bottles? Amazing!!

I changed mine at 5,000 miles. I used the synthetic oil from BMW. I specifically asked the dealer about the crush washers and was told I didn't need them. I reused the original and have not experienced any leaks. The bike goes into first gear a little easier now, and might shift slightly better, but not a huge improvement.

Archived