IGNORED

ADJUSTING THE SHIFT LEVER

dan_forker

I just bought a new pair of riding boots and the toe is too high to comfortably fit under the shift lever. It looks like it is adjustable from the back side but lots of mechanicals in the road. Do any of you know an easy way to adjust the shift lever so there is more toe room?

Thanks

Dan Forker

If it's an R1200RT, I adjusted my shift lever lower to have it work better with the Suburban Machinery peg lowing kit. I removed the side panel covering the shift lever, removed the retaining bolt and moved it one notch lower. It now feels normal to me and I'm happy with it. Although I have the full BMW tool kit (purchased) I discovered that I would need an additional tool to remove the shift lever bolt, which I got at a local auto parts store. You will need a torx socket E8 to remove that bolt.

Hope this helps smile.gif

It is a 1200RT and I should have said so. It looks like there is an adjusting set behind the location where the shift lever attaches to the through bolt that adjusts it just like the brake lever adjusts from the other side. Any idea what the torque settings are on the three bolts that attach the cover. Seems like they should be put back at the same torque setting as before since both the rider and passenger foot pegs attach to that piece.

Thanks

Dan Forker

Archived